Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Thread: Foreign Cars.

Hybrid View

I do not currently own a car.

At least no money of mine went into this vehicle. If I was in a position where I had to take a job in a factory here owned by a foreign company like Kia, I would proudly park a GM, Ford or Chrysler vehicle in the parking lot with a BUY AMERICAN sticker on it. I would also feel like I needed a shower.

Would it make me a better father if I praised her on her accomplishment of getting her mother to buy her the car of her dreams, lying the whole time?

Quote Originally Posted by jtf1972 View Post
    I do not currently own a car.

At least no money of mine went into this vehicle. If I was in a position where I had to take a job in a factory here owned by a foreign company like Kia, I would proudly park a GM, Ford or Chrysler vehicle in the parking lot with a BUY AMERICAN sticker on it. I would also feel like I needed a shower.

Would it make me a better father if I praised her on her accomplishment of getting her mother to buy her the car of her dreams, lying the whole time?
    It would make you a better father if you worried more about her grades and issues in her life than what car she buys.

Quote Originally Posted by NoHeartAnthony View Post
    It would make you a better father if you worried more about her grades and issues in her life than what car she buys.
    Tried that. She just screams & shuts me out completely. Being a non-custodiial father who lives out of the area, I was negated to the point of telling here that I saw it makes no difference what I say & that one day she might realize that her decisions impact nobody greater than herself. I told her if she fails, life goes on for everyone else including me. I told her how I'd be disappointed, as I want the best for her & want her to succeed. Her grades actually picked up a bit since then.

If you look, my stipulation included grades. If her mother chooses to buy her a vehicle that increases her own odds of unemployment & teaches her practically no responsibility, there's not much I can do [[save for grin like a Cheshire cat if she has any problems, as I have heard Kia's tend to.) She could have even got a discount on a GM, but hey... it's all good since the Lions won a game.

I will continue to let my dog piss on foreign cars though..

"It's not deceptive unless you don't actually read the label."

Really? Try reading this window sticker from a Fusion and tell me where it says "Mexico" on it.

http://services.forddirect.fordvehic...HP0HA7AR199342