Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

The Ransom Gillis House, last Saturday morning:

Attachment 5778

[[Forgive the quality. I used a very rudimentary photo editor to resize this for the web and the quality is not great.)

It looks relatively stabilized.

LL Cool D Guest

Retroit, nice. Good stuff! Keep it up! Here's a tip from the old man: there's a freeware [[I think it's free, it was for me at least) app called IrfanView. Kind of top-heavy nerdy, but once you figure out the bells and whistles, it's pretty much all you need to have to get those uploads just right, dimensions, compression, etc. Check it out.

I love this house. Are there more like it?
    Where the hell is norm abrahm and tom silva? This would make a awesome season of this old house

Retroit Guest

^ There are several more. Go to http://maps.google.com and type in "Brush Park".

Many of these houses would require an extensive rebuild. Many have been gutted out by fire. Also consider there is not a great demand for people to live in this largely abandoned area. Most This Old Houses are in wealthy, thriving areas.

I have a hard time getting the pictures in order of progress. Are you making me think the 2004 picture above was taken before the recent pictures??! Silly people living there in Detroit! As said before, some better looking buildings have been torn down. Call it comparing apples and pears but, hell, even the Lafayette was looking better than this!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2