Quote Originally Posted by DetroiterOnTheWestCoast View Post
I suppose some folks would like the low upkeep of a narrow lot. I wonder how difficult it would be to convert three 30 feet wide lots into two 45’s?
If you own three consecutive lots, then you should be able to take two of them and make two houses with 45 feet lots. I know you probably have to get permit approval from the zoning board. At one time I heard that in order to build a single-family home in some areas in Detroit, that you had to use two lots which equals a 60 foot-wide lot. I don't know if that's the case today.

BTW, these new houses on Fisher have two-car garages that you enter through the alley, but you have no decent backyard. I would say that you have maybe 15 feet of backyard space from the house to the garage. There's not a lot of room between the houses, so not a lot of lawn to cut. Unless the houses come with association fees, the amount of lawn is not enough to have a service do. The homeowner could probably cut the grass with a manual-lawnmower and be done in a half hour.