Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

1. Default Sneak Peak: Welcome To Detroit Video

The video will be public tomorrow morning but I would like to hear your opinions first.

Thank you for watching!

Very nice... downtown has never appeared so beautiful!!

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Very nice... downtown has never appeared so beautiful!!
    Thank you for watching! There's a typo in it though. :[[

Well done!

Thanks, MAV! Fun to see Detroit from a different perspective!!

I have to ask, what is the excitement about the drafting of collage kids to the NFL?

Quote Originally Posted by EASTSIDER BALDUCK View Post
    I have to ask, what is the excitement about the drafting of collage kids to the NFL?
    It amazes me too. However, there is something to be said, or a whole lot of kids, a large majority of them, likely from humble means, becoming instant millionaires.

Where's the people? It almost seems like all these colossal buildings are empty. If I were filming it, I'd be trying to film it during a busier time like lunchtime where there's more people walking on the streets.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidGeorge View Post
    Where's the people? It almost seems like all these colossal buildings are empty. If I were filming it, I'd be trying to film it during a busier time like lunchtime where there's more people walking on the streets.
    One assumes that Michael Anthony has a weekday job, so this was likely filmed over the weekend, and do you live here?? Because last Saturday it only got up to 46 degrees [[and sunny). So it has been way colder than it looks. That will change... tonight it is below freezing... and Thursday it will be 53, Friday 63, and only on Saturday will it get into the 70s... something it has rarely done so far this year. So it has been chilly.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    One assumes that Michael Anthony has a weekday job, so this was likely filmed over the weekend, and do you live here?? Because last Saturday it only got up to 46 degrees [[and sunny). So it has been way colder than it looks. That will change... tonight it is below freezing... and Thursday it will be 53, Friday 63, and only on Saturday will it get into the 70s... something it has rarely done so far this year. So it has been chilly.
    I live in downtown Windsor, so we have the same climate. He could also take some indoor shots too like taking a picture of the GM Wintergarden atrium or the interior of the main area of the Guardian during lunchtime. There's always a way to get more people in a video to make the city look more vibrant. But, if you don't want downtown to look welcoming and vibrant, don't take video clips with a lot of people in it. The way it looks reminds me of Detroit over a decade and a half ago with a lot of empty buildings.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidGeorge View Post
    I live in downtown Windsor, so we have the same climate. He could also take some indoor shots too like taking a picture of the GM Wintergarden atrium or the interior of the main area of the Guardian during lunchtime. There's always a way to get more people in a video to make the city look more vibrant. But, if you don't want downtown to look welcoming and vibrant, don't take video clips with a lot of people in it. The way it looks reminds me of Detroit over a decade and a half ago with a lot of empty buildings.
    His specialty is drone footage... [[outdoors) and he was showing us what is going on downtown with preparations for the NFL Draft. Youtube is full of videos with indoor downtown Detroit shots with people, if that is what you seek. But that is not what the theme of this thread is all about.

If he is allowed, he may have a lot of new footage WITH people... after the event.

Ah... nevermind... I just checked your posts... you do videos as well! Come on over and have a go at it...
    Last edited by Gistok; April-25-24 at 07:53 AM.