Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpeteer View Post
    Have you been in Portman's house on the island?
    No just saw pictures when I did some quick research as to who designed and what motivated them,given the time frame it makes sense and he was considered top of the game when it came to futuristic architectural design.

But that was the motivation,a fortress that was within an island on itself.

That stuff did not appeal to me anyways because I think all of a downtown core of buildings should complement each other instead of a bunch of islands within themselves.

They did one all glass like that in Philadelphia,but they had to spend millions revamping it because in evening traffic the setting sun would blind drivers as it reflected off of the glass.

I guess in theory the original Hudson’s was an island on itself by design but it still flowed with the rest of the city.

I believe he passed in 2018 at 90 ?

I think if Detroit had a sister city it would be Rockwood Illinois,same situation but their empty factories which way outnumber Detroits,are still standing and not trashed or demolished,just boarded up,vacant.

The city is more pro active in requiring the owners to secure them,it’s kinda surreal hundreds if not thousands of massive factories just empty like the last person shut the door and walked away,which is kinda what they did.

Chrysler is the only one left there pretty much.

But they were another one when it came to manufacturing in the U.S. ,there was a time when everything that was manufactured in this country contained a part from there,even the nuts and bolts and screws and stamping machines for the auto manufacturers all came from there.

Like Detroit you can buy a $500 house there,move in ready.
    Last edited by Richard; April-27-24 at 09:09 PM.

Like Detroit you can buy a $500 house there,move in ready.

Richard, show me a $500.00 house in Detroit that's move in ready? That's hyperbole...
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; April-28-24 at 07:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    Richard, show me a $500.00 house in Detroit that's move in ready? That's hyperbole...
    Don’t question his quick research.

It’s hyperbole because you are quick to seek.

Like Detroit you can buy a $500 house ,BUT it is move in ready.

I forgot to add the word BUT so instead of asking for clarification you and the other one are quick to be negative.

I am not the enemy and also not sure why you are trying to justify.

Its an example of two cities that were industrial powerhouses that experienced the same circumstances,one city chose the route of demolition and destruction while the other chose to hold the property owners accountable and secure and mothballed the buildings so they are still there.

So instead of recognizing the impact of electing and holding accountable local officials you and the other one choose the path of finding another reason to justify it all by deflecting to me.

Companies are building new factories every day in this country and across the world but yet the cities that already have them choose to retain the same thought patterns so they sit empty or get demolished while continuing the cycle while others defend that cycle until the last person is standing in the soup line.
    Last edited by Richard; April-28-24 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    It’s hyperbole because you are quick to seek.

Like Detroit you can buy a $500 house ,BUT it is move in ready.

I forgot to add the word BUT so instead of asking for clarification you and the other one are quick to be negative.

I am not the enemy and also not sure why you are trying to justify.

Its an example of two cities that were industrial powerhouses that experienced the same circumstances,one city chose the route of demolition and destruction while the other chose to hold the property owners accountable and secure and mothballed the buildings so they are still there.

So instead of recognizing the impact of electing and holding accountable local officials you and the other one choose the path of finding another reason to justify it all by deflecting to me.

Companies are building new factories every day in this country and across the world but yet the cities that already have them choose to retain the same thought patterns so they sit empty or get demolished while continuing the cycle while others defend that cycle until the last person is standing in the soup line.

Not being negative Richard. I asked a simple question. Show me a house in Detroit, that I can purchase for $500.00 dollars, and move right in with my family with nothing to do to but call the moving company. I'm sure you can find examples on a real estate site, since you made the proclaimation that it's true.

Not being negative Richard. I asked a simple question. Show me a house in Detroit, that I can purchase for $500.00 dollars, and move right in with my family with nothing to do to but call the moving company. I'm sure you can find examples on a real estate site, since you made the proclaimation that it's true.
    It would go without saying,or should not need to be an explained that pretty much everybody in the world knows you cannot buy a move in ready house in Detroit for $500,but you can in Rockwood.

The post was comparing 2 city’s that suffered the same circumstances equally and the differences between pro active and reactive local government when it comes to vacant buildings.

Show me where I posted that you can buy a move in ready house in Detroit for $500 as in a proclamation,you read in to it more then what I posted.
    Last edited by Richard; April-29-24 at 10:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    It would go without saying,or should not need to be an explained that pretty much everybody in the world knows you cannot buy a move in ready house in Detroit for $500,but you can in Rockwood.

The post was comparing 2 city’s that suffered the same circumstances equally and the differences between pro active and reactive local government when it comes to vacant buildings.

Show me where I posted that you can buy a move in ready house in Detroit for $500 as in a proclamation,you read in to it more then what I posted.

Are you serious? I just highlighted in quotes from your post. #146. You're slipping Richard...

Are you serious? I just highlighted in quotes from your post. #146. You're slipping Richard...
    you really have to make up your mind,on one hand people whine about my long posts,but then when I do not make sure I don’t explain down to the last detail you still find a reason to totally skip the meaning and find something to obsess about.

Once again and like I posted,it was based on the understanding that everybody already knows that you cannot buy a move in ready house in Detroit,maybe that’s why there is a stark difference,because people obsess over the wrong things instead of what really matters.

And no I am not going to count the nails in each house in each city for a comparison because most would just figure they are both nailed together and it is irrelevant in the bigger picture.