My father use to tell me,the only way you are going to get ahead in life is to get a job for a company and retire with pension and benefits,until he was 2 years from retirement and the company he worked for sold out and he lost all of that.

It was also at that time he told me it was a good thing I never listened to him.

My mother started out mending clothes for the rich people,she invested it in houses and had 4 by the time she turned 18,she never worked for anybody but became a multi millionaire.

At a time when women just did not do that stuff.

Outside of the service I did 2 years corporate and walked in one day and was told they no longer needed me in a good new bad news,good news was I took them over 1 million in profit for the first time in their 15 year history,the bad news was it cost them my salary of $200k to do it so they had to let ke go because they could hire somebody cheaper.

So that was it,I put an add in the newspaper for an investor found one before the weekend was over and I became their competitor.

The thing is there are so many opportunities out there,even in the skilled trades,you can make more money doing less work than somebody with a college degree without the debt and work for yourself.

Everybody talks about the evil corporations and high paid CEOs,nobody is stopping them from being their own boss but themselves.