Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Default DetroitYES members Southen and MichaelAnthonyVideos -- masters of drone photography

I want to make a well-earned shout out to praise the outstanding photographic and video works of our members Southen and MichaelAnthonyVideos and, in particular, for their embrace and mastery in the use of drones in their work.

It is one thing to have the technology but it is quite another to be able to use it in an artistic and spectacular manner as seen in the following to examples.

Southen's image of workers topping out the Hudsons Site building doesn't just show that event but also treats us to a view of the beautifully restored Book Tower.

MichaelAnthonyVideo's video of workers on the Canadian side of the Gordie Howe Bridge doesn't simply capture their dramatic activity but also rewards the viewer with a panorama of the Straits of Detroit and Downtown Detroit.

I follow both their works and you can too by following the links above or clicking/tapping on the images to view hundreds more images and videos. Be sure to "Like", "Follow" and "Subscribe" when there.

2. Default

Thank you very much Lowell! The pleasure it all mine.

Bravo!

And maybe the story has been told elsewhere but what is it like navigating the bureaucracies to get permission to do this kind of photography?! We know an FAA license is required to fly drones but this is near an international border! I would have guessed there would be impossible bureaucratic hoops to jump through but obviously it's possible.

Where's that story?
    Last edited by Jimaz; April-15-24 at 08:06 AM.

That is unbelievably kind of you. Thank you

Absolutely fantastic work! Thank you!

Nice pics!

Ryan, I have always loved your photo skills!! My most memorable image that you had posted once was when the Broderick Tower was still an empty hulk, and you snuck up towards the top, and took a photo looking down with your feet dangling over the edge... that gave me vertigo... and I believe it gave you a scolding from your mother!!

Ryan has been photographing Detroit for many years, great to see him get a shout out! @Southen and I had the privilege of exploring the Book many years ago, when it was in a much different state... It's amazing to see how far the city has come. Congrats Ryan and Michael, spectacular work.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelAnthonyVideos View Post
    Thank you very much Lowell! The pleasure it all mine.
    The pleasure is* all mine.

Congrats guys!!! Beautiful!!

Stromberg2