Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Thread: A. B. Ford Park

Default A. B. Ford Park

The newly constructed community center in the Jefferson-Chalmers neighborhood and who knows how many millions in improvements are now fenced off because some consultant managed to excavate some "dangerous" chemicals from the soil. Unless one is digging up the grass I'm not convinced that all this is necessary. I can't imagine there is a square foot of Detroit waterfront real estate that has not suffered some degradation from our industrial past. I think we might be going a little overboard on this stuff.

And the response is to clear-cut all the trees and pile two feet of dirt over the entire park. Ridiculous.