Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I like it how it is.

Don't even need the Old English D. Just straight, strong font...represents us. Strong, bold.

I think once everyone heard Detroit sign, they immediately conjured up images [[and some on social media) of the Hollywood sign. And once that was in their head's, anything less was going to be a big disappointment. Personally I think the sign is fine, but I do agree it should have been in a spot that was more approachable for social media types to take pics with it.

Saw it last night for the first time. I like it.

Name:  20240415_230158.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  22.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    Saw it last night for the first time. I like it.

Name:  20240415_230158.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  22.1 KB
    Yikes! That's bright!

Here's a nighttime video from WXYZ that doesn't show so much glare: VIDEO: 'Detroit' sign gets lit up at night for drivers.

It'll get noticed. That's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Yikes! That's bright!

Here's a nighttime video from WXYZ that doesn't show so much glare: VIDEO: 'Detroit' sign gets lit up at night for drivers.

It'll get noticed. That's for sure.
    Wow. That is bright. They could have rotated different colors from D to T but that might drive people off the road.

It wasn't as bright as it looks in the photo. My windshield was smeared with dead bugs which made the glare worse.

Only missing an "MI" so that drivers don’t mistake it for Detroit ME or Detroit TX.

Just thought I had to put in a negative comment to make me feel whole. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Only missing an "MI" so that drivers don’t mistake it for Detroit ME or Detroit TX....
    Or Detroit, Oregon or maybe a few more.

Detroit Lakes, MN
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Or Detroit, Oregon or maybe a few more.

Are the other signs being erected around town the same exact size/design/light up as this one? Or are they different?

It looks better lighted up at night. It has a greenish hue to it. Is it permanent or just temporal for the NFL Draft?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeg19 View Post
    Are the other signs being erected around town the same exact size/design/light up as this one? Or are they different?
    From what I heard, other signs are supposed to be smaller. Not sure if that means the same individual cement posts with a letter on each one, or something requiring only 1 base. One will be at Moross Rd. along I-94 on the far east side, and another at 8 Mile Rd. along I-75. Probably one along I-75 in Melvindale to Detroit, and I-96 coming in from points westward.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    From what I heard, other signs are supposed to be smaller. Not sure if that means the same individual cement posts with a letter on each one, or something requiring only 1 base. One will be at Moross Rd. along I-94 on the far east side, and another at 8 Mile Rd. along I-75. Probably one along I-75 in Melvindale to Detroit, and I-96 coming in from points westward.
    • Southbound M-39 at 8 Mile Road
    • Northbound M-39 at Ford Road
    • Southbound I-75 at 8 Mile Road
    • Eastbound I-96 at Telegraph Road
    • Westbound I-94 at Moross Road

The internet meme-sters are having fun.
    Name:  warren.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  158.8 KB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2