Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

The wife and I were using eye protection by way of dark welding glass to watch the eclipse unfold.
    We are just below the 45th parallel and at about 93% of totality.
    It started at the 6 O‘clock position and exited the 10/11 O’clock position.
    The crescent of sun was on the right.

My wife thanked me for setting up our viewing opportunity.
    That was nice. Smileyface
    Last edited by Dan Wesson; April-11-24 at 01:17 AM.

Out here in Las Vegas it was so marginal I didn't even bother to look.

Quote Originally Posted by mwilbert View Post
    A near total eclipse is very cool. I love the crescent shadows.

I have to say that a totality on a clear day is an almost completely different experience. I was in Jackman, Maine, which turned out to be about the best place possible, and when the last bit of sun goes behind the moon, it's like a light switch was turned off, although it's a light switch in a neighborhood with a lot of street lights; you still have the sky glow from the surrounding area, so it's like dusk, not midnight). The black moon/solar corona effect is not like anything else you ever see.

On the other hand, you pay the price for going places like that--Jackman is near the Canadian border and there's one road south. It took us four hours to go forty miles after we left. We had anticipated that, but it's still no fun.

The town we live in, Chambly Quebec was in the midst of the path, but we had to travel to Quebec City on monday. QC wasn’t covered so we traveled in land to the town of Acton Vale to witness the event. We probably spent an hour and a half more doing the detour before Quebec City. You and I were in the same general vicinity.

I got a kick out of it, we hit a park where families were sitting waiting for the big hoopla, got to walk my dog for a long time and really enjoyed the spooky feel of it all. It was also a very bright clear day, a definite plus!

Saw the eclipse in Findlay, Ohio, where 4 hotels at the I-75 interchange were packed with Michiganders. In 2017 I had the rural experience in Nebraska. This one was urban, and more enjoyable. Having all the street and security lights go on about 5 minutes before totality added to the eeriness.
    After the eclipse I rolled on to the Nat'l Air Force Museum in Dayton. It's been two days, and my feet are still aching. If you're into aviation, you could spend a week in that place. It's also free.

Quote Originally Posted by Bong-Man View Post
    ...Saw the eclipse in Findlay, Ohio, where 4 hotels at the I-75 interchange were packed with Michiganders.
    But did you remember to protect your eyes by watching through your bong?

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Whalley View Post
    But did you remember to protect your eyes by watching through your bong?
    That's silly. Remember though, journeys and adventures are usually always filled with unexpected irony. The drive into the Air Museum was named Bong St. I felt welcomed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bong-Man View Post
    That's silly. Remember though, journeys and adventures are usually always filled with unexpected irony. The drive into the Air Museum was named Bong St. I felt welcomed.

Seems like folks at Boeing these days are being booed for binging on bongs.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Seems like folks at Boeing these days are being booed for binging on bongs.
    Boeing and Nothingness

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Whalley View Post
    Boeing and Nothingness

Boeing John Malkovich?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2