Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Default Did anyone catch "Pawn Stars" Detroit episode last night?

Ran across it while guide surfing yesterday. It was filmed over a few days last September at the Jam Handy building on E. Grand Blvd. I'm not a fan of the whole scripted reality show thing, but it was kinda entertaining!

Jamieson Handy was our neighbor circa early 1970s when we lived in the Art Center Apartments at 201 E. Kirby Ave., corner of John R. IIRC he had a large house in Highland Park until his wife passed away, after which he moved to a one-bedroom apartment at the Art Center. What an interesting person he was!

Never drove an automobile but daily swam and dined at the DAC. The Sunday editions of the Detroit News and Free Press each included magazines in those days. One or the other ran a long feature article about Jamieson Handy circa mid 1970s. I don't have it. Wish I had saved it...

Good find!

heres the link for anyone interested in watching the episode
    https://play.history.com/shows/pawn-...on-2/episode-9

I will say, Corey looks absolutely rough.