Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Default West Warren Streetscape project

The city is planning to construct streetscape improvements along W Warren between the Dearborn City Limits and Livernois. The improvements would include protected bike lanes, lane reconfigurations, improved bus stops, public art and traffic signal improvements. The city will host a community outreach meeting on March 19th at the Detroit Equity Alliance to discuss the project. Construction would start in April 2025 and last until September 2025.
    W. Warren Ave. Streetscape Improvements community meeting - March 19 | City of Detroit [[detroitmi.gov)

I am all for improving the business corridors of the city, but so many of us have seen some of the improvements from federal Urban Development Action Grants [UDAG] during the Young administration... such cringeworthy projects as the Washington Blvd. tinker toy & trolley improvements, the East Jefferson planters for trees in Jefferson/Chalmers, the curved skylight canopies on McNichols [6 Mile], the Lower Woodward sidewalk widening with streetscape art, etc. All of these seemed like improvements to their areas, but ended up as failures.

I'm not even sure bike lanes are any kind of answer... every time I look at bike lanes around town [and I am an avid cyclist], I don't seem many cyclists. Transportation improvements I can agree with... such as bus shelters that don't allow homeless to congregate... etc. But so many things have been tried in the past.

And on this topic... did they ever put in "ornamental grasses", etc in the Midtown Loop?? I just Googled it, and saw all the artistic renderings, but no images of completed work??

So this is to be between Wyoming and Livernois. I know the area.

Some of that could use a face-lift. But what's up with Warrendale further up north. Please don't put bike paths there! It's bedlam now driving there [double parking, speed-demons, with people casually walking in the street]!
    Last edited by Zacha341; March-09-24 at 05:54 AM.