Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Gee, it’s almost like the climate is changing, isn’t it? A record temperature in Detroit and huge wildfires in Texas in February.

Thank you El Nino.

A record temperature? Really? Since what year?
    I'll buy a record temperature since they began keeping records, which is probably in the early 1900s.

Yes, we’re getting there too.

15c or 59f broke our record the other day and it has been the mildest February on record, and winter as well. I live in front of a small lake near Montreal, and the ice, though thin for this time of year, was totally melted this morning. We will hit 15c today and expect -15c tomorrow. Extensive forest fires in the summer are probably expected again this year…

The Chambly basin usually freezes from mid December until late March. This year, I believe it started freezing in the second week of January. I saw only a few ice fishers in early February and one guy was accosted by police who ordered him to get off the ice a couple of weeks ago.

Anyhow, it could go either way, the biggest snowstorms are in March, traditionally, so I don’t take anything for granted.

Quote Originally Posted by GPCharles View Post
    A record temperature? Really? Since what year?
    I'll buy a record temperature since they began keeping records, which is probably in the early 1900s.

Oh well, playing golf at Rackham on Sunday.

I spent a few hours yesterday afternoon shirtless and wearing shorts as I power washed my van and trailers in the driveway. This afternoon there's snow on them! Weird weather is putting it mildly.

Great Lakes Ice Cover:

This page has the charts for '22 and you can select other years:

https://www.glerl.noaa.gov/data/ice/glicd.php?year=2022

2019 is ... interesting.

I think '14 set the current record though and didn't fully clear until June.

https://www.glerl.noaa.gov/data/ice/glicd.php?year=2014
    Last edited by Meddle; March-07-24 at 07:40 AM.

I think '14 was the year that the ice and thaw totally decimated my kid's beach at their cottage and cost them 20 grand to build a break wall on Lake Huron. High water, ice and thaw completely eroded their waterfront and they lost the beach and a quarter of their property
    Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    This page has the charts for '22 and you can select other years:

https://www.glerl.noaa.gov/data/ice/glicd.php?year=2022

2019 is ... interesting.

I think '14 set the current record though and didn't fully clear until June.

https://www.glerl.noaa.gov/data/ice/glicd.php?year=2014

15,000 years ago, just a blink-of-the-eye in geologic terms, there were no Great Lakes. Instead there was a chunk of ice covering this area somewhere between 1 mile to 2 miles thick. Think about that for a minute. The global ice started receding 15,000 years ago due to global warming around that time and it has continued until today without any help from humans. If it’s warming then it’s because it’s supposed to be warming, it’s gonna happen whether we want it to or not! This is the “world is flat” debate all over again!

Quote Originally Posted by CassTechGrad View Post
    ...If it’s warming then it’s because it’s supposed to be warming...
    ??? Did Cass Tech have a school for special-needs meteorologists?

compelling-evidence-of-global-warming-454707.jpg [[610×237) [[memeguy.com)