Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Default Jack in the Box is popping up soon!

It's official Jack in the Box is returning to Metro-Detroit after nearly 40 years. The franchiser is putting up 6 locations. Let's see where it pop up.

https://detroit.eater.com/2024/2/22/...xpansion-again

Hmm. Not the best news for Detroit's obesity epidemic.

Saw that news...bringing back memories of late night tacos after a Pine Knob concert or just hanging out with friends!

Looks like we'll have to drive west to enjoy a Jack Taco. Just like I'm driving to Monroe to enjoy a Taco John meal!

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    It's official Jack in the Box is returning to Metro-Detroit after nearly 40 years. The franchiser is putting up 6 locations. Let's see where it pop up.

Not getting the Metro Detroit part of the memo. I'm not driving across the state for that place.

Didn't 13/Woodward get shut down numerous times for listeria or something?

Not a good idea to use or confuse listeria for a condiment I guess…

Tried one of their 'butter burgers' in Washington State a few years ago. It was one of the most disgusting meals I've ever purchased.

Quote Originally Posted by Bong-Man View Post
    Tried one of their 'butter burgers' in Washington State a few years ago. It was one of the most disgusting meals I've ever purchased.
    You are what you eat, and Americans are ding dongs and butter burgers on the hoof, both mentally and physically.

But seriously I've known many immigrants, and always found that they're more health savvy than homegrown Americans.

c4fba62abb43ab1e1ed934c9be8a36a2.jpg [[409×540) [[pinimg.com)

There used to be a Jack-in-the-Box on Mack Avenue in Grosse Pointe Woods and it was open very late. Great place to stop on the way home from a night on the town to order up a Breakfast Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post

The article doesn't confirm that there will be locations in Metro Detroit.

Can someone please clean up the OP? It's inaccurate.

where on Mack?

what are the foods that are "good" there?
    not speaking on "healthy" foods at fast food places, of course.

I think it is now an Urgent Care, north side of Mack Ave., between Moross and Vernier, but closer to Vernier.

I only remember one Jack in the Box back in the 70's, on 8 Mile, near Ryan.

^^ Went there a few times with friends who lived nearby.

Also there was one on Masonic between Utica and Groesbeck.

Can't wait for the commercials.
    https://youtu.be/ujV6qJTNApM?t=80

When I was a kid [[in the late 70's) there was a Jack in the Box at 12 and Orchard Lk. I barely remember it as I was young and it closed likely in the late 70s.

I lived in LA for for a couple years in my 20's and my friends always went to Jack in the Box for their tacos after the bars [[I didn't really go to the bars often) so I never got them till one day I was driving home in the early evening and decided they must be good and went through the drive through to grab a quick cheap dinner, it was one of the nastiest things I ever ate LOL

Hah! Somehow 'butter and burger' is the tip off for a bad meal IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Bong-Man View Post

Actually, the "Butter Burgers" at Culvers aren't bad...
    and I don't think JitB added the "buttery Jack" until 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Last edited by jcole; March-02-24 at 10:05 AM.

Imagine a beef burger totally saturated in some rancid imitation movie popcorn butter. It took one bite to render my verdict. The fries however, were just as rubbery as remembered.

Hah! I DO like Culvers for a fast burger or chicken tenders when the fast-food jones hits. But I still think I'll shy off their B-Burger......

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Actually, the "Butter Burgers" at Culvers aren't bad...

ALL the burgers at Culvers are butter burgers, so if you like their burgers they must be okay. Also Culvers puts the butter on the bun.
    Hah! I DO like Culvers for a fast burger or chicken tenders when the fast-food jones hits. But I still think I'll shy off their B-Burger......

I haven't been to Culver's since before the pandemic but I vaguely recall their ButterBurger® somehow didn't stand up to its name. I think it just didn't have that much of a butter taste. It was a good hamburger though.

I do recall their Sourdough Melt and Wisconsin Swiss Melt sandwiches being surprisingly greasy. Not saying that's good or bad. Just saying.

Their Flavor of the Day gimmick seems like a winner to get repeat traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    I haven't been to Culver's since before the pandemic but I vaguely recall their ButterBurger® somehow didn't stand up to its name. I think it just didn't have that much of a butter taste. It was a good hamburger though.

I do recall their Sourdough Melt and Wisconsin Swiss Melt sandwiches being surprisingly greasy. Not saying that's good or bad. Just saying.

Their Flavor of the Day gimmick seems like a winner to get repeat traffic.
    The only thing they put butter on is the bun at Culver's. The hamburgers are cooked in a conventional way. I think they're pretty good. Their Fish and Chips are surprisingly good.

They have a location on Lapeer Road that has a car cruise in / show on certain Tuesdays. It's pretty cool.