Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

I was surprised to learn that Bill Ritchie was the father of Kid Rock. I'm not a fan of Kid Rock, his music ,or even politics, but the passing of a parent is a time for condolences. Both are highly achieved in their fields and a part of the Detroit story and I respect that.

I'm reminded of a controversy in Stuttgart over whether the remains of the urban terrorist Andreas Bader of the infamous Bader-Meinhof gang would be allowed to be buried there. The then-mayor, Manfred Rommel, son of the Desert Fox, quelled the controversy with these wise words, “After death, all enmity must cease.”

RIP Bill Ritchie and condolences to your friends and family.

[QUOTE=Lowell;640366...the passing of a parent is a time for condolences.[/QUOTE]

OK, I'll extend condolences to Rommel when the Devil dies

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Whalley View Post
    OK, I'll extend condolences to Rommel when the Devil dies

Wonder if "The Kid " will lie in state with Old Glory on his casket? Nothing wrong with that, it’s just nice to speculate…

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    ...lie in state with Old Glory on his casket?
    His casket might be an old gloryhole?