Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Default Is James Craig trying to be relevant again?

Is it just me or does it seem like James Craig really wants a government job - somewhere, anywhere, anything??? LOL...

He coddled Trump and that got him nowhere. He was part of the "Michigan GOP 2022 Crazy Train," and that got him nowhere. Runing for a senate seat has gone nowhere. Now, mayor of Detroit??? Does he really have much support in Detroit for mayor? I never really even thought of him for that job. It seemed to me that he wanted to be more a part of west Michigan GOP politics post-Detroit than a part of Detroit's future. When they showed no interest in him, he now seems like he wants a job, ANY job, back in Detroit. Any thoughts?
    Last edited by casscorridor65; February-14-24 at 07:02 AM.

I would imagine that the people of Detroit know how Craig and the people he has aligned himself with view the people of Detroit, marijuana laws, the justice system, police brutality, and a whole host of other issues that impact Detroit heavily.

Craig has really went up the creek with politics!

First he want to run for governor.

Then he wants to run for the legislature.

Now he wants to run for Mayor of Detroit

Well forget it!! He is not going to beat Duggan and his giant political machine. Craig has to wait a while before he can jump in whatever office his running.

Craig is not getting my vote. He should stick one proffession, being a cop!

Quote Originally Posted by casscorridor65 View Post
    Is it just me or does it seem like James Craig really wants a government job - somewhere, anywhere, anything??? LOL...

He coddled Trump and that got him nowhere. He was part of the "Michigan GOP 2022 Crazy Train," and that got him nowhere. Runing for a senate seat has gone nowhere. Now, mayor of Detroit??? Does he really have much support in Detroit for mayor? I never really even thought of him for that job. It seemed to me that he wanted to be more a part of west Michigan GOP politics post-Detroit than a part of Detroit's future. When they showed no interest in him, he now seems like he wants a job, ANY job, back in Detroit. Any thoughts?

Detroit is a strong democratic super fort city. Craig will never win for that position if stick to Trump MAGA Gang. Who wants a black republican in a mostly liberal city! Race and popularity contests always play a role in elections.

To me, the guy always seemed disingenuous. 5 minutes after he arrives in town for the police chief position, he claims to have been carjacked. I didn't believe it then and I still don't believe it. I could never get past that with him.

He needs to go sit down somewhere...

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    He needs to go sit down somewhere...
    Or become a preacher...

Check It Out With Dr Steve Brule GIF - Tenor GIF Keyboard - Bring Personality To Your Conversations | Say more with Tenor

Bizarre. Ironically, he'd have a lot of support with a lot of suburban-dwelling current and former Detroit police. But of course, they don't live in Detroit, and the residency rules regarding police were rescinded thanks to Mr. Engler.