Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Default THAW's Saunteel Jenkins: | Letters to the Editor

I also believe in second chances...but why must her second chance be in the same city she STILL OWES RESTITUTION TO?

What this says to me is if I cannot trust THAW to make smart hiring choices, how can I trust them to make smart financial choices with donated money?!

Quote Originally Posted by leapfrog View Post
    What this says to me is if I cannot trust THAW to make smart hiring choices, how can I trust them to make smart financial choices with donated money?!
    Agreed. Her reasoning is flawed. I guess she doesn't have to hire the best-qualified candidate, so TWAW must be staffed by a bunch of losers and con artists.

What a crock. They try to paint her as some kind of selfless angel who's sacrificing every day to help the less fortunate. In reality she's a middle manager, doling out other peoples tax dollars, contributing little to no value to anyone, while making a six figure salary.

She's a leach on all our wallets, always has been and always will be.

Quote Originally Posted by K-slice View Post
    They try to paint her as some kind of selfless angel who's sacrificing every day to help the less fortunate. In reality she's a middle manager, doling out other peoples tax dollars, contributing little to no value to anyone, while making a six figure salary.
    She paints herself that way.
    P.S. I'll bet that Christine Beatty, Bobby Ferguson, et al., are receiving THAW benefits. FOIA anyone?
    Last edited by Henry Whalley; December-24-23 at 11:13 AM.

The state as rule seems to be tight lipped when it comes to FOIA as a rule.

A new law came into effect in Florida that has a lot of opposition,it’s a law that states anybody that sits in any public office,volunteer or not must provide financial disclosure statements to the public.

You have to wonder why the opposition,when taking into account many working in public positions making $100 k a year at best end up being millionaires.

We as taxpayers are required to explain to the IRS where every penny is gained or spent,people collecting taxpayer monies should be accountable to how and where those funds go.

What is FOIA? Sorry for not knowing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    Freedom of Information Act [FOIA]
    Freedom of Information Act [[United States) - Wikipedia

Might be the way to identify which of Detroit's political grifters are receiving utility assistance meant for the underprivileged.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Whalley View Post
    DYes corrupts URLs containing left parentheses.

Here's an equivalent link: Freedom of information in the United States.

QUOTE=Cincinnati_Kid;639191]What is FOIA? Sorry for not knowing.[/QUOTE]

The original intent of the internet was the free sharing of information across a broad spectrum with the use of message boards.

Nothing to apologize for - we all learn from each other.

As of Dec 12th on the state level they launched a new online portal,which is a step in the right direction.

https://www.michigan.gov/sos/resources/news/2023/12/12/secretary-benson-launches-new-online-foia-tool-that-improves-government-transparency-and-efficiency
    Last edited by Richard; December-25-23 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    Too Long Didn't Read version:

All documents and records produced by the government are considered public information. Anything not protected by specific laws, usually for privacy or security reasons, can be requested via FOIA, and must be produced. This covers a *wide* swath, from public university salaries to construction contracts to memos between law clerks to police body cam footage.

In my experience, there are three types of responses. The first is they fulfill your request, though it may be slow. This is fairly common. The second is it takes a *very* long time, or they don't completely fulfill your request. In this case, the department might be hiding something, but is almost always poorly run. The last case is they don't fulfill your request at all, giving some vague excuse about privacy or cost. In that case, almost always, they are trying to hide something.

Quote Originally Posted by leapfrog View Post
    I also believe in second chances...but why must her second chance be in the same city she STILL OWES RESTITUTION TO?

Christine Beatty is from Detroit. Why can't she come back and work a job here? What does working for THAW have anything to do with her restitution? The court has to do its job and get her to pay. That's on the court. You don't have to like her, but remember that she's not doing anything illegal right now.

It shows a continuous pattern of continuing a pattern of running a friends and family way of doing business in the city that cost it millions.Her mother is there also.

She saved the city $30 million by renegotiating the city union contracts by cutting pay and benefits under the guise of saving union jobs,then immediately the city fired 4000 employees after they agreed,if they UAW had done something like that all hell would have broken loose.

She had a policeman fired for doing his job.

Character traits.

You can argue but how did she do when dealing with a non profit when it comes to the most vulnerable people in Detroit?

Also in 2004, Beatty and Kilpatrick defended using their city positions to persuade a bank to give Beatty a grant from a fund created to help low- and moderate-income Detroiters buy homes or start businesses in the city. Beatty's salary was more than $140,000. Even though the bank advertised grants of $2,500, Beatty got $12,000. She used the money as part of a down payment on a gorgeous $255,000 Tudor-style home she bought in Rosedale Park.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...it/ar-AA1lCXom

California allocated hundreds of millions,and a billion last year towards solving the homelessness issue,an audit revealed that 70% of those funds were spent on administrative costs.

It’s just an example,but people realize that non-profits as a rule benefit those running them, more than the ones they are supposed to be helping.

So they are scrutinized more by those that feel that if somebody has a history of abusing a non-profit for personal gain and are hired back into that field what is the true motive.

Are they being hired for their ability to help those in need,or their ability to work the system so the ones at the top can profit more off of the ones in need?

The actions taken against her and all of the others gave a voice to the citizens of the city,they are the ones that got hurt,it’s understandable why they would oppose giving the same people a chance to screw them over again.

Remember she also started a radio talk show and blog in the aftermath,so even after everything else she was still looking to profit off of the very same people that she helped screw over in the first place.

It’s about setting the bar higher when it comes to city business so the past does not get repeated,once you violate the trust of those who gave you a chance in the first place,they are less apt to give you a second chance to do it again.
    Last edited by Richard; December-26-23 at 09:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JBMcB View Post
    ...In this case, the department might be hiding something, but is almost always poorly run.
    Indeed, seems like most governmental departments are run by morons at best, grifters at worst. On the bright side, private sector bureaucracies, ivy league universities, etc., are staffed by morons.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Whalley View Post
    ... On the bright side, private sector bureaucracies, ivy league universities, etc., are staffed by morons.
    E.g., the Varsity Blues scandal.

Quote Originally Posted by royce View Post
    ...The court has to do its job and get her to pay. That's on the court. You don't have to like her, but remember that she's not doing anything illegal right now, that we know of...
    fixed that for you

Quote Originally Posted by K-slice View Post
    ...She's a leach on all our wallets, always has been and always will be.
    Best bet, don't donate

Quote Originally Posted by Vic01 View Post
    fixed that for you
    Seems like the court would garnish her enormous income. Who knows? Probably, the court is packed with KwaMafia

Some Macomb Co. communities balk at proposed water affordability program [[detroitnews.com)

High-paying water assistance work for KwaMafia? Also, gonna' need THAW to heat that water

P.S. I'm all in favor of Christian charity. But let's agree that DTE should fire Shaunteel as well as the Reverend Kilpatrick's impenitent partner in crime Penitent thief - Wikipedia

Confidence Men and Painted Women: A... by Halttunen, Karen [[amazon.com)

American types who once were subjects of morality tales and sermons later became presidents, grabbers of groins, mayors, first ladies and first concubines.

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity...split-w206763/
    Last edited by Henry Whalley; December-28-23 at 07:16 PM.