Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Interesting. Not so much here but crime can be a factor against walking.

A few blocks can be dangerous. Everyone is not fit for walking long distances due to surgeries and or age. I tend to reserve most of my walking for work, the gym and my peddling [indoor or out].
    yes, but we're talking here about the average person who complains about parking costs. If they walked a few blocks the lots close to the stadium would be half empty and the price would drop for those who can't walk.

Quote Originally Posted by K-slice View Post
    I'm a fan of architecture as much as the next person, probably a lot more so actually, but I don't see anything wrong with sleek all glass towers. There is nothing else like them in downtown currently and I love the variety they'll add to the skyline.
    It's possible to actually do interesting architecture. With a prominent position on the river, it would have been nice to have something with a little imagination instead of something that would look right at home in Troy or Southfield.

I think that all glass architecture or glass, steel, and concrete would be perfect on the riverfront. However, if I had my way I would rather that the riverfront be unmolested with highrises and be developed as a scenic drive. There are points along Jefferson that you could see the river

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    I think that all glass architecture or glass, steel, and concrete would be perfect on the riverfront. However, if I had my way I would rather that the riverfront be unmolested with highrises and be developed as a scenic drive. There are points along Jefferson that you could see the river
    You do know it's possible to get out of your car and walk right?

The riverwalk is several miles long of uninterrupted walking paths.

Don't have a Crain's sub. but both the cost of the hotel and the amount of tax credits sound high for this project.
    https://www.crainsdetroit.com/real-e...90m-incentives

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3