Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Default Detroit journalist Charlie LeDuff charged with domestic violence against wife

Longtime Detroit journalist Charlie LeDuff is charged with domestic violence in an incident Monday involving his wife at their Oakland County home.
    Judge Jaimie Powell Horowitz of 45th District Court allowed LeDuff to be released on $5,000 personal bond. He can't contact his wife or go back to their shared home in Pleasant Ridge under the terms of his release. LeDuff stood mute during his Tuesday arraignment. His lawyer, Todd Perkins, entered a not guilty plea on his behalf."This is a man that loves his family," Perkins told the Free Press after the hearing. He said he and his client are trying to keep the matter "as private as possible.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...e/71973179007/

Quote Originally Posted by Airforceguy View Post
    Remember that old Pat Bennatar song "love is a battlefield"? I always thought that title was very apt.

Detroits version of a gonzo journalist.

Hunter Thompson wannabe…

Proverbs 24:17-18 King James Version [[KJV)

Rejoice not when thine enemy falleth, And let not thine heart be glad when he stumbleth: Lest the LORD see it, and it displease him, And he turn away his wrath from him.

Amen

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    Remember that old Pat Bennatar song "love is a battlefield"? I always thought that title was very apt.
    Is that not the truth.

I am kinda torn as if things like this should be made public,despite what the parents are going through,it’s the children going to school the next day that will bear the brunt of it all.

Quote Originally Posted by CassTechGrad View Post
    Proverbs 24:17-18 King James Version [[KJV)

Rejoice not when thine enemy falleth, And let not thine heart be glad when he stumbleth: Lest the LORD see it, and it displease him, And he turn away his wrath from him.
    Ha, I went looking for a biblical reference along the lines of
    ”Happy wife, happy life”
    What surprised me ‘biblically’ it was more of happy life equals submissive and obedient wife.

This could lead to a wrongful arrest defense in some courts elsewhere.
    Last edited by Dan Wesson; December-21-23 at 05:14 AM.

I am surprised nobody has pulled the blame it on the Germans defense.

If they had not started a war,women would have never gone off to work doing a man’s job and the wife would have still been perfectly content in raising the brats,while knowing you cared for her because you bought her that washing machine for her birthday present to make her life easier.

People say happy wife happy life but I know some guys that live a miserable life day in and day out in following that and it would not surprise me in the least if they snapped one day.

Mister, Mister Sir…Here’s a good stick to beat the lovely lady

Last edited by Dan Wesson; December-21-23 at 05:41 AM.

Lost all the respect I never had...beating-up your wife, great media career move, what a real tough liberal guy.

LeDuff "liberal"? You haven't watched him in a few years have you?
    https://www.metrotimes.com/news/char...-hack-34462161
    Quote Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
    Lost all the respect I never had...beating-up your wife, great media career move, what a real tough liberal guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Wesson View Post
    Ha, I went looking for a biblical reference along the lines of
    ”Happy wife, happy life”
    What surprised me ‘biblically’ it was more of happy life equals submissive and obedient wife.

This could lead to a wrongful arrest defense in some courts elsewhere.
    Why quote that silliness? I'm not religious but nobody can take the bible literally. I remember in Sunday School first hearing the story of burning a lamb as a sacrifice to God. I thought, if that's what this guy wants, why would anyone worship the crazy fool?

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    Why quote that silliness? I'm not religious but nobody can take the bible literally. I remember in Sunday School first hearing the story of burning a lamb as a sacrifice to God. I thought, if that's what this guy wants, why would anyone worship the crazy fool?
    Agreed 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I am surprised nobody has pulled the blame it on the Germans defense.

If they had not started a war,women would have never gone off to work doing a man’s job and the wife would have still been perfectly content in raising the brats,while knowing you cared for her because you bought her that washing machine for her birthday present to make her life easier.

People say happy wife happy life but I know some guys that live a miserable life day in and day out in following that and it would not surprise me in the least if they snapped one day.
    Everybody knows the statistic that 50% of marriages end in divorce. I would say of the remaining 50%, 50% of those should be divorced, but they have other reasons they stay together.

"Everybody knows the statistic that 50% of marriages end in divorce. I would say of the remaining 50%, 50% of those should be divorced, but they have other reasons they stay together."

Marge and I have been married for 65 years [[yes, that's 65!). Can't remember a serious rift betwixt us in all that time. Except during hockey season. I'm still a Wings fan. She loves the Golden Knights. Good thing they only play each other twice a season.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    "Everybody knows the statistic that 50% of marriages end in divorce. I would say of the remaining 50%, 50% of those should be divorced, but they have other reasons they stay together."

Marge and I have been married for 65 years [[yes, that's 65!). Can't remember a serious rift betwixt us in all that time. Except during hockey season. I'm still a Wings fan. She loves the Golden Knights. Good thing they only play each other twice a season.

I’m sure Marge’s melodious voice and beehive hairdo is not divorced from the fact you’re still together, Ray.

Merry Christmas and lots of happy years to both of youse.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Can't remember a serious rift betwixt us in all that time.
    Merry Christmas to Ray and Marge

Charlie wins again, gets a whole lot of people talking about him and an opportunity to then vent about silly and absurd notions.

Quote Originally Posted by preserve View Post
    Charlie wins again, gets a whole lot of people talking about him and an opportunity to then vent about silly and absurd notions.
    Yes!
    There is no such thing as bad publicity as long as people are talking about you.

Quote Originally Posted by preserve View Post
    Yeah, but he seems to have what Freud called Thanatos, i.e., a drive to self-destruct. He surely didn't attack his wife as a publicity stunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Wesson View Post
    gonzo journalist.…
    In describing his profession, Samuel Johnson, a Grub Street man himself, said “A news-writer is a man without virtue who writes lies at home for his own profit. To these compositions is required neither genius nor knowledge, neither industry nor sprightliness, but contempt of shame and indifference to truth are absolutely necessary.”

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Whalley View Post
    In describing his profession, Samuel Johnson, a Grub Street man himself, said “A news-writer is a man without virtue who writes lies at home for his own profit. To these compositions is required neither genius nor knowledge, neither industry nor sprightliness, but contempt of shame and indifference to truth are absolutely necessary.”
    Name:  Samuel_Johnson_by_Joshua_Reynolds_2.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  192.2 KB
    It says here that people too engrossed in a sham are
    unaware how silly they appear to others.
    Poppycock!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Name:  Samuel_Johnson_by_Joshua_Reynolds_2.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  192.2 KB
    It says here that people too engrossed in a sham are
    unaware how silly they appear to others.
    Poppycock!

"A man sometimes starts up a patriot, only by disseminating discontent, and propagating reports of secret influence, of dangerous counsels, of violated rights, and encroaching usurpation. This practice is no certain note of patriotism. To instigate the populace with rage beyond the provocation, is to suspend publick happiness, if not to destroy it. He is no lover of his country, that unnecessarily disturbs its peace. Few errors and few faults of government, can justify an appeal to the rabble, who ought not to judge of what they cannot understand, and whose opinions are not propagated by reason, but caught by contagion."
    Johnson: The Patriot