Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Default Tree Lighting at Campus Martius

Was there really 100,000 people in attendance or are we back to gross overestimates again?

Quote Originally Posted by GPCharles View Post
    Was there really 100,000 people in attendance or are we back to gross overestimates again?
    Source? I haven't heard any estimate close to that. Most of the local media reports say "thousands". I think the Free Press said "hundreds". Or maybe "hundreds of families".

I doubt that there were 100,000 in attendance. But there usually 10s of thousands. Here is an image of a previous ceremony...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by GPCharles View Post
    Hah! You saw that too on Facebook too, eh? People will just make up anything these days. I would love to have 100,000 people at the tree lighting, but I would imagine there would've been a bigger news story if 100,000 people tried to show up in downtown Detroit on a Monday night.

Quote Originally Posted by dtowncitylover View Post
    Hah! You saw that too on Facebook too, eh? People will just make up anything these days. I would love to have 100,000 people at the tree lighting, but I would imagine there would've been a bigger news story if 100,000 people tried to show up in downtown Detroit on a Monday night.
    Well, over a million show up on the riverfront for the fireworks and this looks like at least 10% of that!