Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

A paltry two million in extra tax revenue is not worth the paranoia, sluggishness, unawareness, illiteracy, and obesity that marijuana has brought to this current generation of young people.

Quote Originally Posted by Zozo View Post
    A paltry two million in extra tax revenue is not worth the paranoia, sluggishness, unawareness, illiteracy, and obesity that marijuana has brought to this current generation of young people.
    The report said "$266.2 million in tax revenue [to Michigan] during the most recent fiscal year"

P.S. Agreed, but it begs the question:

What made previous generations paranoid, sluggish, unaware, illiterate, and obese, not to mention violent?

Is this from personal experience, or have you watched Reefer Madness again?

I've been to a dispensary [just out of curiosity ], and I have to say that "young people" were in rather short supply among patrons!

It is nice that the criminal justice system has been freed up to handle real criminals!

It strikes me that we can subtract the emergency management costs from the recent fire in Clinton Twp. from the marijuana tax revenues, since that business likely would not exist without the surrounding pot industry.

Oh, and we can soon subtract this cost, too:

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...s/72851436007/

Sure it is! You forgot to mention 'compliant' in you're list LOL!

Regarding literacy who needs that? Reading [and math] is 'whiteness' or acting white... so the prevailing view being pushed.

Again, culture and politics telling us [black people] what to do and think .

Last edited by Zacha341; March-07-24 at 11:42 AM.

I don't want to see a person get a felony for a joint or two etc. ruining their lives for future employment options, etc. Nope.

However, the impact on our kids and teenagers is very high -- especially vaping from some of these shops as we've seen recently.

Their use of marijuana has helped cut down academic achievement and interest where we already see their receptors for learning turned down!

That's some of the 'madness' going on in some classrooms.

Further, a segment of marijuana products is marketed to this group [choice of catchy vector graphics on packaging, brand naming].

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Is this from personal experience, or have you watched Reefer Madness again?

I've been to a dispensary [just out of curiosity ], and I have to say that "young people" were in rather short supply among patrons!

It is nice that the criminal justice system has been freed up to handle real criminals!
    Last edited by Zacha341; March-07-24 at 05:54 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2