Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by ABetterDetroit View Post
    South Dakota had the very first commercial in the Republican debate. Now the hard core repube posters have a problem that Gretch is doing the same thing. Same old partisan crap, it never ends.
    Who in this thread suggested South Dakota's marketing campaign isn't just as much a poor use of resources?

Or for that matter, who even brought South Dakota up in this thread besides you?

EDIT: Furthermore, who else in this thread brought up Democrats vs. Republicans besides you?
    Last edited by 313WX; October-16-23 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    Who in this thread suggested South Dakota's marketing campaign isn't just as much a poor use of resources?

Or for that matter, who even brought South Dakota up in this thread besides you?

EDIT: Furthermore, who else in this thread brought up Democrats vs. Republicans besides you?
    Just pointing out stupid hypocrisy. You pretending it doesn’t exist? Doesn’t really stop the fact that it does.

Quote Originally Posted by ABetterDetroit View Post
    Just pointing out stupid hypocrisy.
    Respectfully, what you're doing is deraiing my topic.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    Respectfully, what you're doing is deraiing my topic.
    I have a question and hopefully people will take it in an adult way and not twist it around,but you left Detroit,nobody can blame anybody when it comes to making decisions that they have to make in order to better their life,you have to do what you have to do.

What would it take to encourage you to move back to Detroit ?

I understand it is complex and there is no magic wand but everything else aside and not being tainted by the past,what is it that you miss about living there?

Because that is what we draw and build on,is our strengths and not our weaknesses.

The Atlanta that you live in today is not the Atlanta pre-Katrina and I know several that live in the burbs that swear they only enter the city if they absolutely must.

So it does share a lot of the same hurdles that Detroit does,with a population of about 100k less.
    Last edited by Richard; October-17-23 at 12:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I have a question and hopefully people will take it in an adult way and not twist it around,but you left Detroit,nobody can blame anybody when it comes to making decisions that they have to make in order to better their life,you have to do what you have to do.

What would it take to encourage you to move back to Detroit ?

I understand it is complex and there is no magic wand but everything else aside and not being tainted by the past,what is it that you miss about living there?

Because that is what we draw and build on,is our strengths and not our weaknesses.

The Atlanta that you live in today is not the Atlanta pre-Katrina and I know several that live in the burbs that swear they only enter the city if they absolutely must.

So it does share a lot of the same hurdles that Detroit does,with a population of about 100k less.
    I don't live in Atlanta, and haven't for several years.

But to answer your question, I have no intention of ever moving back to Michigan by choice. Even if it wasn't struggling with economic depression, overwhelming blight, brain drain, crumbling infrastructure, high taxes/insurance or population decline, I couldn't deal with the gloomy weather 9 months out of the year [[I know this is something that can't be controlled).

That being said, I still have family in Michigan and I want them to have a higher quality of life. Also, I would like to get positive reactions from people when I tell them where I'm from versus reactions of disgust or pity.

So despite not living there now, I continue to have a vested interest in Michigan doing better.
    Last edited by 313WX; October-17-23 at 02:55 AM.

There were going to be a trolley running on the train tracks in between the Amtrack local running schedule. A few months before operation was to begin Governor Jennifer Graholm announced that the plans were canceled. The QLine were to run north to 8 mile rd along Woodward with the help of State funding but at the last minute Governor Snyder pulled the State funding. There's a movement in Michigan to keep to this state more car dependent. It's amazing that the topic of mass transit or the improvement there of wasn't even a debatable topic of last year's Gubernatorial debates. The Governor could really get the ball rolling on improving mass transit in Michigan. Sadly Governor Whitmer would rather spend millions on one strip of Autonomous road on Michigan than to spend it on improving mass transit especially in Southeastern Michigan. Michigan is just a climb or stepping stone for her to Washington