Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Default Detroit’s old State Fairgrounds bandshell will finally find home in Palmer Park in 20

Detroit’s old State Fairgrounds bandshell will finally find home in Palmer Park in 2024

The old Michigan State Fairgrounds bandshell was starting to feel like forgotten history. Not much has been said about the historic gem after it was saved from demolition following the City of Detroit's decision to sell the site to Amazon to build a distribution center in 2020.Years after a plea to save the bandshell published in Metro Times, which sparked a successful petition in 2020 to save this piece of Michigan music history and plans to move it to Palmer Park, we finally have a glimpse of the bandshell’s future.
    People for Palmer Park released new renderings showing the bandshell’s restoration in the park, funded by President Joe Biden’s American Rescue Plan Act [[ARPA). It will be located in the Northwest portion of Palmer Park off Seven Mile Road. A sign for the rehomed bandshell in Palmer Park reads, “coming summer 2024 Palmer Park Bandshell.”
    https://www.metrotimes.com/news/detr...-2024-34351973

I hope this gets more use and better care than the Merrill Fountain in Palmer Park.

I thought this would have been better to have at Hart Plaza... to match the Stargate sculpture...

^ I am still waiting for your robo cop thingy to appear,it was completed in 2021 and they were looking for a spot,did they find one or he got lost?

They did not want him to have a gun because it might traumatize small children,like a big metal man built to stomp people is the same as a teddy bear.

When my kids were little brats we used to them to Saturday evening movies on a cool skeeter free evening for movies at a clam shell,pretty cool.

Kudos to Palmer Park for stepping up and helping preserve this part of history,hopefully it will bring fond memories to many future generations to the citizens of Detroit.