Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

bizarre. His 'bro-mance' with anti-intellectual ex-Fox anchor Tucker Carlson has led to this.

With him not "just" being a Republican but being an outright Donald Trump supporter, I don't see how he expects any substantive African American support. I think he also overestimates how interested outstate white residents are going to be into him. He's going to need a lot more numbers statewide than John James had to get in the 10th District with all the former "Reagan Dems-turned-GOP-lifers" in those neighborhoods. The cohort of GOP-leaning white police officers [including those who served or currently serve in Detroit] and similar police/fire retirees may be empathetic for him, but that's it. I have a distinct memory of suburban Detroit megachurch pastor Keith Butler running for senator on the GOP ticket. It didn't end well for him. [in the years to follow he'd have a sex scandal that was galling.]

Also, Craig's tenure as a police chief, overseeing public safety, doesn't speak to all of the assortment of departments that he would have to oversee as a senator. What's his take on health and human services? Developing private business investment? Him running for senator on a "law and order" ticket doesn't make any sense whatsoever.
    Last edited by Hypestyles; October-05-23 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    bizarre. His 'bro-mance' with anti-intellectual ex-Fox anchor Tucker Carlson has led to this.

With him not "just" being a Republican but being an outright Donald Trump supporter, I don't see how he expects any substantive African American support....snip...
    Guilt by association is a weak strategy. One doesn't have to agree with every idea of anyone they've ever spoken well of.