Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

They need to replace Weaver now. He put this team together and it's obvious waiting for a couple of veterans to get healthy, giving the young core more time together, etc. are not going to fix the fact that it was bad decisions by the gm that caused this mess. You can't get a new gm during the season so you probably have to have Tellem pick a temporary gm to finish out the season. They need an experienced gm with a track record and that requires poaching someone from another organization.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    They need to replace Weaver now. He put this team together and it's obvious waiting for a couple of veterans to get healthy, giving the young core more time together, etc. are not going to fix the fact that it was bad decisions by the gm that caused this mess. You can't get a new gm during the season so you probably have to have Tellem pick a temporary gm to finish out the season. They need an experienced gm with a track record and that requires poaching someone from another organization.

All great points. But I seriously doubt Weaver gets canned, this early in the season. They're going to wait to see how their injured pieces fit together upon return. They've dug themselves too deep of a hole to challenge for even a play-in spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    All great points. But I seriously doubt Weaver gets canned, this early in the season. They're going to wait to see how their injured pieces fit together upon return. They've dug themselves too deep of a hole to challenge for even a play-in spot.
    I'm sure you're right. I just want him gone before any more important decisions are made. I don't want him making trades at the deadline. I've already mentioned this before but it's crystal clear now that this young core won't work. Two vets returning will help spread the floor and give them a few victories but it's not going to fix the mess that is a core of young players, none of whom can hit a jump shot.