Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Hybrid View

61 years ago I was there for the 11-2, beat down of the Packers. My first football game, and I went to many many more for the next 18 yrs, then I just gave up. I'm not gonna jump on the bandwagon just yet....but maybe soon.
    Name:  Lions-Thanksgiving-1962-001sm.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  233.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by mikefmich View Post
    61 years ago I was there for the 11-2, beat down of the Packers. My first football game, and I went to many many more for the next 18 yrs, then I just gave up. I'm not gonna jump on the bandwagon just yet....but maybe soon.
    Name:  Lions-Thanksgiving-1962-001sm.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  233.7 KB
    I noticed they had a federal tax on the ticket. Seems odd.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    Lol, it was just 27 cents. Think how much it would be now.

BACK TO THE SAME OLE LIONS!

Packers get their revenge since Lambeau Field.

PACKERS 29
    LIONS 22

8-3

Eleven down 6 to go.

Goff goofed up again. Ended up more fumble-rookies, sack and no lack of planned huddles.

[[Shotgun) J.Goff scrambles up the middle to DET 23 for 2 yards [[K.Brooks). FUMBLES [[K.Brooks), RECOVERED by GB-K.Brooks at DET 23.

[[No Huddle, Shotgun) J.Goff sacked at GB 39 for -8 yards [[R.Gary). FUMBLES [[R.Gary) [R.Gary], touched at GB 39, RECOVERED by GB-R.Gary at GB 39.

Sack
    [[5:51) D.Skipper reported in as eligible. J.Goff sacked at DET 27 for 0 yards [[R.Gary).

[[No Huddle, Shotgun) J.Goff pass incomplete short right [L.Van Ness]. Ball thrown away.
    PENALTY on DET-J.Goff, Intentional Grounding, 11 yards, enforced at GB 41.

[[Shotgun) J.Goff pass incomplete short middle to J.Reynolds [[P.Smith).

[[Shotgun) J.Goff pass incomplete short middle to S.LaPorta [P.Smith].

[[Shotgun) J.Goff pass incomplete deep right to A.St. Brown.

[[Shotgun) J.Goff pass incomplete deep left to J.Williams.
    Penalty on DET-K.Awosika, Ineligible Downfield Pass, declined.

D.Skipper reported in as eligible. J.Goff pass incomplete short right to D.Montgomery [K.Clark].

[[Shotgun) J.Goff pass incomplete deep left to A.St. Brown.

[[Shotgun) J.Goff pass incomplete short middle to J.Gibbs [[A.Johnson).

[[No Huddle) J.Goff pass incomplete short right to J.Gibbs [K.Clark].

[[Shotgun) J.Goff pass incomplete short right to S.LaPorta.

What's this with the 4th down conversions! This is not a Michigan Wolverines vs. Michigan State rivalry. And our defense sucked once again.

Here comes the Bobby Lanye Curse.

Come on Campbell Hype these Lions up They can do better.

There was a federal entertainment tax on sporting tickets from the war years until the end of 1965.

Quote Originally Posted by mikefmich View Post
    Just seeing the tickets brings back memories! My parents and grandpa had 3 season tickets while I was growing up. Happily was able to attend a number of games through the years. Sitting in the right field lower deck. Row K [[or was it L), Seats 3-4-5. Dad would park on the other side of the Lodge and we would walk blocks to the stadium, carrying a blanket and our bag with two thermos bottles filled with steaming hot chocolate. Great memories!!

Thanks for posting, Mike!

Lately the Lions look like a .500 team with a 9-3 record.

Lately the Lions look like a .500 team with a 9-3 record.
    They sure do. The defense is staying on the field too long.

Every team has to deal with injuries, I know, but consider that two-thirds of the revamped secondary that were signed in free agency went down with long term injuries early on. The front office did exactly what they needed to do during the offseason to address the D, but unfortunately they landed on the unlucky side of the coin.

35 mph winds forecast for Sunday in Chicago. Should be interesting.

You could see this one coming for the last few weeks. Plenty of blame to go around for this poor performance.

Something was off about this game from the beginning especially the missed field goal attempt I thought that the Lions was going to lose this game

Lions have been playing very inconsistent football and are paying the price. Let’s hope they get it together for a red hot Broncos team or it will not be pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by ABetterDetroit View Post
    Lions have been playing very inconsistent football and are paying the price. Let’s hope they get it together for a red hot Broncos team or it will not be pretty.
    They’re not going to win a playoff game with this type of performance. They have been off since the bye week, Goff looks terrible, offensive line looks bad, defense looks bad. Maybe they caught a buzz off reading their press clippings.

Was it really necessary for Goff to be wearing a glove on his throwing hand? It just wasn't that cold.

No reason to panic. When we got our annual 5-6 wins, splitting home and away within the division was very common. Weird year without any premiere teams. Chiefs have lost 4 of 6. Philly loses to Dallas.

Minnie ha-ha won with 3 points. If we can't manage a split with the Vikings, we don't deserve the division.

Nothing is easy in Lion Land!

The Seahawks just beat the Eagles [[who were leading for nearly the entire game), so the Lions will now have to wait another week before they can clinch a playoff berth - but that outcome may actually be good for the Lions, as they can clinch the #2 seed if they do some winning over the next three weeks.

The Lions have just defeated a close-fought game against Minnesota to win their first NFC North division crown in 30 years!

Campbell has done a great job and deservedly gets a lot of credit, but let's not forget Holmes. He turned over the personnel in short order. That Stafford trade was a win-win. Rams got their Super Bowl and Lions got an influx of talent.

Campbell has done a great job and deservedly gets a lot of credit, but let's not forget Holmes. He turned over the personnel in short order. That Stafford trade was a win-win. Rams got their Super Bowl and Lions got an influx of talent.

Correct. One of the few times that a trade benefitted both teams. Very similar to the Kings/Pacers trade of Tyrese Haliburton for Domatas Sabonis. Everybody bemoaned Holmes for taking Gibbs so high in the draft, [[even though Bijan Robinson went higher) and he may be the best offensive rookie in the NFL this year, along with LaPorta. Excellent drafting by Holmes.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; December-25-23 at 09:03 AM.

Both have done "one hell of a job" turning this losing culture around! Just look how many Bozo's who came, tried, then were tossed out of town without change. Even all of the 4th down antics by Campbell, go for it, we have a WINNING culture/team which believes 4th is just another down they will make!

Insanity is doing the same thing over & over expecting different results, Campbell & crew are Not doing the same thing!

Carry On. . . ...
    Last edited by Smirnoff; January-05-24 at 07:48 AM.

Decker reported!!! We got robbed!!!

BTW: Rumor is the reason[[s) why DT Isaiah Buggs was let go - just collecting a paycheck. HHmmm...he was immediately signed by the Chiefs for potential playoff muscle.

Can't you play your starters but rest your 5-6 most important players, and we all know who they are, or does that send a wrong message to the other starters?

How do you guys feel about the Lions facing Stafford and the Rams for the first time since the trade, and who wins?

Once the matchup became a possibility, it seemed like destiny. I imagine it will be the lead storyline for this week's matchups.

It could be a shootout. Both teams struggle against the pass. The Lions got torched by Lamb and Jefferson the last two weeks, where the corners basically stood flat footed as they ran by play after play. If they have any chance of stopping that against Kupp and Nacua, then either their blitz has to be highly effective to force Stafford into throwing before the receivers get deep, or the secondary has to find some way to guard them, whether it be bumping them at the line of scrimmage or putting the safeties deeper to help in coverage. The Lions one-on-one coverage is easily exploited, so they have to keep themselves out of that as much as they can.

That said, Ford Field is going to be electric. When Stafford gets under center, the fans are going to blow the roof off that place. Wish I could be there.
    Last edited by sirrealone; January-08-24 at 03:23 PM.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast