Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

It was a heartbreaker but we could second guess Campbell all day over his choices. Those choices are what got us as far as we got

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    It was a heartbreaker but we could second guess Campbell all day over his choices. Those choices are what got us as far as we got
    Exactly. He's gone for it on 4th down more than any other team and it paid off well enough to get the wins that got the team this far.

It was obvious that SF made better adjustments at halftime to come out and take over the game the way they did. I also think that some of the Detroit players may have been looking to Las Vegas a bit early, started pressing and became sloppy. No matter how hard the coaches come out and say to their team, 'this is just another game', it's hard to shut down those emotions.

This was a heartbreaker for sure, for the team, the fans and the city, but in this instance, I like to look at the Wings back in '95, getting swept in the finals by NJ. They made some changes and came back hungry for the next season and look what happened.

I'm positive that the same will happen with the Lions. I don't think at all that this was a one-off good year. This team is being built to dominate in the future and in a way, it was good that this happened. Take this loss as a learning lesson and use it to feed the next seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    That’s is very true but the 3rd quarter of the title game to take you to the Super Bowl is a totally different situation. That 43 yard field goal would have brought them back to a 17 point lead. They would still have been in command - that 4th down stop turned the game around 180 degrees. It was a shockingly horrible call.