Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Once the matchup became a possibility, it seemed like destiny. I imagine it will be the lead storyline for this week's matchups.

It could be a shootout. Both teams struggle against the pass. The Lions got torched by Lamb and Jefferson the last two weeks, where the corners basically stood flat footed as they ran by play after play. If they have any chance of stopping that against Kupp and Nacua, then either their blitz has to be highly effective to force Stafford into throwing before the receivers get deep, or the secondary has to find some way to guard them, whether it be bumping them at the line of scrimmage or putting the safeties deeper to help in coverage. The Lions one-on-one coverage is easily exploited, so they have to keep themselves out of that as much as they can.

That said, Ford Field is going to be electric. When Stafford gets under center, the fans are going to blow the roof off that place. Wish I could be there.
    Last edited by sirrealone; January-08-24 at 03:23 PM.

Stafford is like Verlander coming back and facing the Tigers in the World Series. Hate to say it but with the Rams getting hot now, it really could come down to whether LaPorta is healthy. I wonder how much Vegas adjusts the spread based on whether he is expected to play or not. Last I saw Lions were a 3 point pick, which is basically what home field is worth. Latest info as of about an hour ago was he has an outside shot at playing. Recovery is days, not weeks. They expect to have a much better idea in 48 hours.
    Last edited by 401don; January-08-24 at 03:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    Stafford is like Verlander coming back and facing the Tigers in the World Series. Hate to say it but with the Rams getting hot now, it really could come down to whether LaPorta is healthy. I wonder how much Vegas adjusts the spread based on whether he is expected to play or not. Last I saw Lions were a 3 point pick, which is basically what home field is worth. The latest info as of about an hour ago was he has an outside shot at playing. Recovery is days, not weeks. They expect to have a much better idea in 48 hours.
    Various news outlets are saying he's out. I guess we'll see Sunday night. What worries me is, if Goff tries to put pressure on himself to have a great game to show McVay he made a big mistake trading him. When he's rattled, he throws picks and fumbles a lot. If the O-Line keeps him clean, he'll have a chance. But you have to figure Raheem Morris [[DC) will bring pressure. Stafford knows Ford Field like the back of his hand, and if the Lions backend doesn't cover well, it'll be a long day for them. LaPorta is a big loss if he can't play. Lions are getting a lot of love this year. They're in the prime slot on national TV again. Should be an interesting game. Ford Field will be rocking.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    Various news outlets are saying he's out. I guess we'll see Sunday night. What worries me is, if Goff tries to put pressure on himself to have a great game to show McVay he made a big mistake trading him. When he's rattled, he throws picks and fumbles a lot. If the O-Line keeps him clean, he'll have a chance. But you have to figure Raheem Morris [[DC) will bring pressure. Stafford knows Ford Field like the back of his hand, and if the Lions backend doesn't cover well, it'll be a long day for them. LaPorta is a big loss if he can't play. Lions are getting a lot of love this year. They're in the prime slot on national TV again. Should be an interesting game. Ford Field will be rocking.
    Yeah, even when LaPorta isn't the primary receiver he finds a way to get open, almost always hangs onto the ball and smells 1st down. LaPorta being out is another reason Goff may try to force things.

'
    Yeah, even when LaPorta isn't the primary receiver he finds a way to get open, almost always hangs onto the ball and smells 1st down. LaPorta being out is another reason Goff may try to force things.
    If LaPorta can not play it just means next man up. Brock Wright is practicing and will be ready to play with Mitchel. JaMo will be back and he’s contributing to stretching the field making catches and or picking up some nice blocks. Fire up Gibbs and Montgomery and get them in 3 digit rushing yards. Lions can win this just bring the GRIT and make them pay. Amon will do what he does and points will start to stack up! Goff is an iceman, he puts up points in Ford Field. Rams 24 - Lions 35

All this "Stafford" nonsense is pure ridiculous...didn't the owner learn in the way Barry Sanders & Calvin Johnson were treated?

Stafford was "hard-as-nails" & played with 110% effort thru multiple losing coaching regimes. When he retires...wouldn't Detroit be a perfect place to be for a Superbowl winning QB with 12-yrs as a Lion if he was offered a coaching staff or management position?

Answer: YES
    Last edited by Smirnoff; January-12-24 at 09:16 AM.

This just in: the Lions have just won their first playoff game in 32 years!

ALL IN LIONS AND CLOSE CALL COOL KATZ!

LIONS 24
    RAMS 23

Lions claws that Rams by the horns.

Great job Goff

D.Montgomery up the middle for 1 yard, TOUCHDOWN.

J.Gibbs up the middle for 10 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

D.Skipper reported in as eligible. J.Goff pass short right to S.LaPorta for 2 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

However the Lions defense need some work. Causing Bad Luck Stafford to make 4 TD's. Can't have that problem in the division playoff. They improve after Campbell hype them up.

After a Lions field goal. Our defense hype up.

RAMS PLAY last chance play

M.Stafford pass incomplete deep right to P.Nacua [[C.Sutton) [J.Cominsky]. SORRY SUPER BOWL CHAMP!

Lions ran the clock down and won the game. Hype the team up Campbell. We're getting close.

Nail biter for sure. Well played game with no turnovers on either side. Goff handled the pressure. Lions were lucky to escape with a win thanks to a couple of key holds inside the red zone. So that's what Stafford looks like with a little protection?

So that's what Stafford looks like with a little protection?
    Stafford is now #11 in the all time passing yards, passing John Elway last year. If he has decent stats next season, he will likely pass Eli Manning and Aaron Rodgers to be #9.

And while playing hurt. Again. That man is an ironman.
    Quote Originally Posted by jiminnm View Post
    Stafford is now #11 in the all time passing yards, passing John Elway last year. If he has decent stats next season, he will likely pass Eli Manning and Aaron Rodgers to be #9.

So who do the experts want, Eagles or the Bucs? I think I want the Bucs, Hurts could cause problems - bring on Baker Mayfield.

Have to give Jared Goff a lot of credit here. Under incredible pressure and scrutiny he kept his cool, played well and delivered the victory that this fan base has been waiting for where many have failed, quit or demanded trades.

Ford Field was rocking off the chart last night. This team has turned their house into a very unpleasant place to have to hit the road for. Dan Campbell sure has changed the culture here on the field and in the stands.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    So who do the experts want, Eagles or the Bucs? I think I want the Bucs, Hurts could cause problems - bring on Baker Mayfield.
    You got Baker Mayfield after a pretty impressive trouncing of the Eagles. Philadelphia has spiraled downward. Then they tried to halt the fall by bringing in Matt Patricia as defensive coach in the late season. That plan failed as miserably as he did here in Detroit.

Philly looked old and tired. Lots of 10+ year veterans that couldn't hold up as the season wore on. As for Fatty Matty, the Ozempic looks like it's working wonders.

Our running game is in order, and we might be the healthiest team left. All that talk about attaining the No. 2 seed, and we got there anyway.

I'm enjoying all this as I'm sure you are, but it's also a reminder how nice it would have been to experience this a couple times in the last 30 years.

Streaming a game is one thing but being stupid enough to expect people to pay for 4 stations to see games is really a piss poor marketing strategy. Don't like the Monday night playoff game either. Losing a day and a half before your next playoff game isn't a very nice reward for winning your division. I know, money talks.

Yeah, the Eagles' players appeared unwilling to play for their coaches. Fatty Matty Patty doesn't belong in the NFL IMHO.

Since leaving New England, every team that Patricia has touched has turned to sh*t regardless of his position. The Belichick coaching tree has been awful. I think coaches that have left to become head coaches have less than a .400 winning percentage. And since Brady left NE, Belichick himself hasn't been much better. If he does end up in Atlanta, as the rumor mill seems to suggest will be the case, do people really expect them to be any good? I'd put the ceiling at 7-10 for the next couple of years, which is exactly what they got every year under Arthur Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by sirrealone View Post
    Since leaving New England, every team that Patricia has touched has turned to sh*t regardless of his position. The Belichick coaching tree has been awful. I think coaches that have left to become head coaches have less than a .400 winning percentage. And since Brady left NE, Belichick himself hasn't been much better. If he does end up in Atlanta, as the rumor mill seems to suggest will be the case, do people really expect them to be any good? I'd put the ceiling at 7-10 for the next couple of years, which is exactly what they got every year under Arthur Smith.
    You're right except for the GOAT of college football, Nick Saban.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; January-17-24 at 03:03 PM.

I was at the game on Sunday night. The crowd noise was painful. I brought ear plugs but it still required writing notes to my seat mate if we needed to communicate.

Downside was the weather. With it being so cold you had to bundle up, but there is no coat check at ford field, and the seats ain’t very roomy. I was stuck between a couple of giants so it was uncomfortably warm.

After being super heated, then there was the frightening bitter cold. The Qline wasn’t working because of all the vehicle traffic so that required some creative actions.

great experience. All told. Looking forward to doing it again.

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    The Qline wasn’t working because of all the vehicle traffic so that required some creative actions.
    Couldn't take transit in Detroit because of the traffic. No irony there.

Nice gesture from Windsor. Our international metropolis stands united on one thing. A good start.
    Name:  IMG_0948.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  62.5 KB

This drone storm swarm above Michigan Central Station wast pretty sensational. Michigan Central train station all lit up with the restored Roosevelt Park in the foreground. It is wonderful to see. Who thought this 20 years ago?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Fun week. The NFL national media has been giving the Lions and the Ford Field fans a ton of respect. Go Lions!

Came across this stat this morning:

The Detroit Lions have the support of more than half of US states heading into the Divisional Round.

GO LIONS!!!

Reading that both Lions coordinators have been interviewed for head coaching positions this week. Is this standard procedure in the NFL? From what I've seen in other sports you don't interview assistants during a team's playoff run. You wait until their season is over.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast