Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    I think that win against KC was in the top 3 all time important wins by the Lions in my lifetime, and I’m pretty old. However, there was nothing more satisfying to me than knocking the Packers out of the playoffs in that last game last season at Lambeau. My hatred for Green Bay and Aaron Rogers and the Green Bay fans runs really deep.
    KC was a solid win but that GB game was fantastic.

SAME OLE LIONS

SEAHAWKS 38
    LIONS 31

in OT

1-1

Two down fifteen to go.

Lions' defense is to blame for 2 fumbles.

[[Shotgun) J.Goff pass deep left to A.St. Brown to SEA 15 for 39 yards [[T.Brown). FUMBLES [[T.Brown), RECOVERED by SEA-J.Love at SEA 6. J.Love pushed ob at SEA 9 for 3 yards [[A.St. Brown; S.LaPorta).

D.Montgomery up the middle to DET 22 for -3 yards [[U.Nwosu). FUMBLES [[U.Nwosu), RECOVERED by SEA-Ja.Reed at DET 23.

And in OT, the Bobby Layne Curse kicks in after the coin toss.

G.Smith pass short right to T.Lockett for 6 yards, TOUCHDOWN

Feeling hyped up Campbell?

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Feeling hyped up Campbell?
    Wanna's buy a used ski mask?

Lets see… What was worse in this one, the pass rush never getting in Gino’s face no matter how many seconds ticked by or Campbell not taking the 3 on 4th and 4 in the second quarter?

It's a real bummer. Now Seattle has the tiebreaker against us, again.

Can't believe they haven't changed the silly OT rule yet. Why not just end it with the coin toss?

10-days to prepare for this mess...why no Marvin Jones? Secondary looked awful, no QB pressure on Gino...getting tired of AG excuses.

No reason for blue ski masks...shopping bags fit/look/apply better!

I still have confidence in the Lions. Their loss yesterday was due to their error.; not due to the Seahawks outplaying them. The Lions were down by 10 points in the 4th burd caught up and tied the game. That would not had happened a few years back undera different quarterback and a different team. The only Bobby Laune Curse was the Ford family not spending the money for a complete good team . They settled on getting great running backs, a couple of great wide receivers, etc, and try to see what could happen while the stands were being filled every year with very optimistic loyal fans. Individual players in the past that had made questionable errors as well as bad plays madewere also the the reason why the Lions had not won a Championship in almost 70 years. I will be surprised if Barry Sanders reveal in his book the real reason why he abruptly retire just shy of breaking the record in rushing. Unlike Thurman Thomas and Emmit Smith, two other great running backs during Sanders era, Sanders didn't have good blockers on the offensive line and had created running plays of his own on the spot. However the Ford family continued to not get him the help needed and he just retired. He could had easily went to another team and help win a ring such as Stafford had earned with the Rams two seasons ago. I think that the Lions has the potential to make it to the second round of the playoffs this year without relying on a wild card. If they don't then I would not be surprised if Goff will start looking elsewhere

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    I still have confidence in the Lions. Their loss yesterday was due to their error.; not due to the Seahawks outplaying them. The Lions were down by 10 points in the 4th burd caught up and tied the game. That would not had happened a few years back undera different quarterback and a different team. The only Bobby Laune Curse was the Ford family not spending the money for a complete good team . They settled on getting great running backs, a couple of great wide receivers, etc, and try to see what could happen while the stands were being filled every year with very optimistic loyal fans. Individual players in the past that had made questionable errors as well as bad plays madewere also the the reason why the Lions had not won a Championship in almost 70 years. I will be surprised if Barry Sanders reveal in his book the real reason why he abruptly retire just shy of breaking the record in rushing. Unlike Thurman Thomas and Emmit Smith, two other great running backs during Sanders era, Sanders didn't have good blockers on the offensive line and had created running plays of his own on the spot. However the Ford family continued to not get him the help needed and he just retired. He could had easily went to another team and help win a ring such as Stafford had earned with the Rams two seasons ago. I think that the Lions has the potential to make it to the second round of the playoffs this year without relying on a wild card. If they don't then I would not be surprised if Goff will start looking elsewhere
    Barry had some good blockers at times. Lomas Brown, Kevin Glover, to name a few.

As for getting him help, I hope you are referencing the defense because there were a few season when the Lions had prolific offenses.

On to the present day lions: The defense is going to need to step up massively. There are injuries galore at the moment including our best RB and WR being nicked.The problem with last game is that Glenn presents his scheme and then when it falters he doesn't adjust it. It's kind of maddening.

Unfortunately I heard an interview with Campbell a few days ago and he defended Glenn. I hope he is able to read the tea leaves if the defense continues to falter and let's his buddy go.

All that being said, the Lions should have won against the Seahawks. It was a perfect storm of turnovers, breakdowns, and poor decisions by MCDC in regards to clock management. I don't expect to see those things happen frequently.

FORWARD DOWN THE FIELD BOYS!

I think the Lions will win ten games this year. And earn a road playoff game.

The opposing quarterbacks for the next four games are Desmond Ridder, Jordan Love, Bryce Young and Baker Mayfield. Ridder is a game manager at best. Love is still learning his way. Young looks every bit the rookie quarterback that he is, and Baker Mayfield is, well, Baker Mayfield.

Injuries withstanding, the defensive line needs to pressure the hell out of those four quarterbacks. Anything less than 3-1 in that stretch will be cause for concern.

NICE JOB KITTY CATS!

Lions went bird hunting and ate them up!

LIONS 20
    FALCONS 6

2-1

Three down fourteen to go.

Goff miscue his plays!

Interception
    [[Shotgun) J.Goff pass deep middle intended for A.St. Brown INTERCEPTED by J.Bates at DET 43. J.Bates to DET 43 for no gain [[A.St. Brown).

He fixed that problem.

Lions defense redeemed good job Hutchinson!

Fumble
    [[Shotgun) D.Ridder sacked at ATL 17 for -9 yards [[A.Hutchinson). FUMBLES [[A.Hutchinson), RECOVERED by DET-A.Hutchinson at ATL 11.

Still got a long way to go.

Impressive win, particularly by the defense which was last year's weak link.

Big game against Green Bay coming up on Thursday. Doesn't seem like GB is a pushover at this point - their defense seems real good. I think the Lions are a better team, I think the Lions win, but I think it will be close. It should be a lot of fun Thursday night.

Quote Originally Posted by Dbest View Post
    Barry had some good blockers at times. Lomas Brown, Kevin Glover, to name a few.

As for getting him help, I hope you are referencing the defense because there were a few season when the Lions had prolific offenses.

On to the present day lions: The defense is going to need to step up massively. There are injuries galore at the moment including our best RB and WR being nicked.The problem with last game is that Glenn presents his scheme and then when it falters he doesn't adjust it. It's kind of maddening.

Unfortunately I heard an interview with Campbell a few days ago and he defended Glenn. I hope he is able to read the tea leaves if the defense continues to falter and let's his buddy go.

All that being said, the Lions should have won against the Seahawks. It was a perfect storm of turnovers, breakdowns, and poor decisions by MCDC in regards to clock management. I don't expect to see those things happen frequently.

FORWARD DOWN THE FIELD BOYS!
    Those blocker weren't there all of the time and the Lions passing game weren't there offensively at time. Sanders had to work harder that the other running backs on other teams during that time. Sure the defense were the culprit to losing games but a good offense scores

Thursday night in Green Bay. There is no broadcast, just streaming on Amazon.

To watch you have to pony up for an Amazon Prime account.

I know the NFL is all about revenue, player safety be damned.

It's being simulcast locally on Fox 2.

NICE JOB CATS

LIONS 34
    PACKERS 20

Send those Packers packing home.

3-1

Four down thirteen to go.

Goff goofed with a miscued pass.

[[Shotgun) J.Goff pass short middle intended for A.St. Brown INTERCEPTED by R.Ford at DET 37. R.Ford ran ob at DET 16 for 21 yards [[J.Goff).

He fix that problem.

Lion's defensive team finish strong. Keep up the good work Campbell.

The Lions obliterated the packers in the first half. They are getting pretty fun to watch.

This game took me back to my high school days. I had moved from Michigan to Wisconsin and was playing football for my high school team, all who were Packers fans. Our school colors were even the same green and gold as the Packers and I was the lone Lions fan and took a a lot of ribbing when the Packers beat the Lions the first time around.

Then came the the famous "Thanksgiving Massacre". The score at half time? Lions 23 Packers zilch. The Packers scored a couple of meaningless 4th Q TD's after 11 sacks for 93 yards including fumble lost in the end zone and a safety.

This Lion's club has the potential to go all the way this year or definitely next year. This is no Cinderella team. They had been building up since Goff came aboard two years ago. I would say that if they don't go to the Superbowl by next year or 2025 Goff will be looking for another team to play for

So many Lions fans showed up at Lambeau on Thursday that they forced the Packers to issue a statement. A significant number of Lions fans also showed up in the opener at Kansas City.

After this week, the Lions' remaining road trips are to Baltimore, Los Angeles [[to face the Chargers), New Orleans, Chicago, Minneapolis and Dallas, the last of which, like the Lions' two already-completed road games this season, will also be shown on national primetime television.

https://www.mlive.com/lions/2023/09/...-about-it.html

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Then came the the famous "Thanksgiving Massacre". The score at half time? Lions 23 Packers zilch. The Packers scored a couple of meaningless 4th Q TD's after 11 sacks for 93 yards including fumble lost in the end zone and a safety.
    I remember that game Lowell. Those were the days when home games were usually not televised. But, they were televised on Lansing and Toledo stations. We were at a relatives' house for Thanksgiving, and they had a sizeable TV antenna. We got to watch the game, if you didn't mind a few fade ins and fade outs, and the usual screen snow for weaker signals. What a game.

WAY TO GO CATZ!

LIONS 42
    PANTHERS 24

4-1

Five down 12 to go.

Montgomery made a simple high school run play.

D.Montgomery up the middle for 42 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

Goff got his plays on cue

J.Goff pass short left to S.LaPorta for 4 yards, TOUCHDOWN.
    J.Goff pass short middle to J.Reynolds for 1 yard, TOUCHDOWN.
    J.Goff pass short right to S.LaPorta for 31 yards, TOUCHDOWN.
    J.Goff up the middle for 1 yard, TOUCHDOWN.
    C.Reynolds left tackle for 5 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

Fumble-rooskie on the Panthers

M.Sanders left end to CAR 38 for 1 yard [[A.McNeill). FUMBLES [[A.McNeill), RECOVERED by DET-W.Harris at CAR 41. W.Harris pushed ob at CAR 38 for 3 yards [[T.Tremble).

Lions put a Defensive Wall on the Panthers offense from there

[[Shotgun) B.Young pass deep left intended for J.Mingo INTERCEPTED by J.Jacobs at CAR 42. J.Jacobs to CAR 31 for 11 yards [[C.Mays).

[[Shotgun) B.Young sacked at CAR 27 for -4 yards [[A.Hutchinson).
    Penalty on CAR-I.Ekwonu, Offensive Holding, declined.

Pass Incomplete
    [[4:41) [[Shotgun) B.Young pass incomplete short right to M.Sanders.

And that is that. Keep it Campbell.
    Last edited by Danny; October-08-23 at 05:00 PM.

Remember, Good offense win games; Good defense win Championships

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast