Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Explanation for the bewildered? Can you explain what white had to do with anything or do you really think that is funny?

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    Explanation for the bewildered? Can you explain what white had to do with anything or do you really think that is funny?
    It's self-explanatory. Such a simple truth that it can't appear in a Florida textbook.

While raping while black will them life in prison. Now that's racism!

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Whalley View Post
    It's self-explanatory. Such a simple truth that it can't appear in a Florida textbook.

Right. You'll only find it in a libtard-induced scenario, where weak minds aren't able to distinguish between a violent attack rape and a domestic situation rape.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Right. You'll only find it in a libtard-induced scenario, where weak minds aren't able to distinguish between a violent attack rape and a domestic situation rape.
    Help me out here, I may be one of the weak minded people. In the article a young student was roofied and assaulted by the two people who only received probation. Being roofied and assaulted isn't violent? The trauma this person is dealing with is deemed less than that of a more violent rape? Do you have a chart with rapes and sexual assaults on it to determine how much a victim can complain or expect their assailants to be punished? So your advice to would be rapists would be to roofie the victim first because it is a more gentle violation of the victim and will only get you a sentence with probation?

Tell me you don't know anyone who is a victim of sexual assault without telling me...

I'm for prosecuting these two. However, its a flying leap to link their crime to racism. They seem to be a married white homosexual couple. I don't know the race of the victim. Conservative can be gay. There are probably some black people surnamed Schulz but not many. Rice Un. is very liberal. Put together the key words, Rice Un., Ann Arbor, entertainers, gay and it seems likely that this was a crime by white liberals on a white liberal with little if any connections to blacks.

Now I've heard everything!

Being porked in the arse by your uncle Pavarotti must be one of your fantasies.

Being porked in the arse by your uncle Pavarotti must be one of your fantasies.

Just like being porked in the arse by your Uncle Joe is obviously one of yours.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; August-07-23 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    I'm for prosecuting these two. However, its a flying leap to link their crime to racism. They seem to be a married white homosexual couple. I don't know the race of the victim. Conservative can be gay. There are probably some black people surnamed Schulz but not many. Rice Un. is very liberal. Put together the key words, Rice Un., Ann Arbor, entertainers, gay and it seems likely that this was a crime by white liberals on a white liberal with little if any connections to blacks.
    The point is not the act nor the race of the criminals but the very lenient punishment for a serious crime. If they had been black perpetrators they'd probably be in prison for 25 years.

Women have been complaining about the ridiculous sentences for "date rape" for years. Generally speaking the sentences are stupid mild because it's seen as some sort of "gentler, kinder" rape when a young man drugs a woman and then doesn't have to beat the crap out of her to get his own way when he rapes her. It's the "boys will be boys" syndrome. Every one of these idiots; black, white, gay, straight, bi or whatever other appellations there are deserve the same sentence as a person that hits, knocks out, punches, trips or in any other way subdues their subject before they rape them. Rape is a crime of violence, not attraction or horniness. It is VIOLENCE and causes harm, both physical and mental. If it is a man who gets raped, the perpetrator deserves the same sentence. Years in jail; not a wrist slap or probation. It's that simple.

Daniels and Walters were charged in 2019 when Samuel Schultz filed a criminal complaint in 2018 alleging the two assaulted him in 2010 ….

The president brushed up against my willy in 1975 ,it his word against mine but it traumatized me so much it took me 40 years in order to come up with the courage to say anything.

But you cannot advocate for being soft on crime,then get upset when prosecutors are soft on crime.

Good thing OJ was white,had he been African American he would have been thrown under the jail.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post

But you cannot advocate for being soft on crime,then get upset when prosecutors are soft on crime.
    Boom…

Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    The point is not the act nor the race of the criminals but the very lenient punishment for a serious crime. If they had been black perpetrators they'd probably be in prison for 25 years.
    It certainly has to do with race. Some people get so defensive when confronted with the disparities. Or is the word 'denialistic?'

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Women have been complaining about the ridiculous sentences for "date rape" for years. Generally speaking the sentences are stupid mild because it's seen as some sort of "gentler, kinder" rape when a young man drugs a woman and then doesn't have to beat the crap out of her to get his own way when he rapes her. It's the "boys will be boys" syndrome. Every one of these idiots; black, white, gay, straight, bi or whatever other appellations there are deserve the same sentence as a person that hits, knocks out, punches, trips or in any other way subdues their subject before they rape them. Rape is a crime of violence, not attraction or horniness. It is VIOLENCE and causes harm, both physical and mental. If it is a man who gets raped, the perpetrator deserves the same sentence. Years in jail; not a wrist slap or probation. It's that simple.
    Agreed 100%

It certainly has to do with race. Some people get so defensive when confronted with the disparities. Or is the word 'denialistic?'
    An analogy: I had a friend who was a recovering alcoholic. Whatever a conversation was about, he would redirect it into something alcohol related. It annoyed my wife to no end. Nicer people would have probably put up with it. I equated your pulling out the race card over what liberal whites do among themselves in much the same way as this guy alway pulled out the alcohol/alcoholism card whatever the topic. Look what lenient white liberals have done to mostly white Portland Oregon. White liberals are quite capable about messing things up all by themselves. Racism is not responsible for everything bad.

But don't listen to me. I would probably flunk out of a DEI guilt class. Besides, I hear my E. Asian daughter in law who doesn't think her school district is pushing her kids hard enough or even trying to limit her kids' potential in the name of equity. I agree.
    Last edited by oladub; August-08-23 at 08:36 AM.

Date rape is ok if you're famous, whatever your skin color.

I hear Bill Cosby is planning a stand-up comedy tour this summer. Perhaps we'll get a date at the Fox?

I do not know if it is the right word but I find it all kinda strange.

So if you are a male,meet a female and she says - let’s go back to my place,once there she throws you on the floor and rips your clothes off and goes to town.

I do not think most men would be calling the police.

I have met some really crazy women before,some like you to be overly aggressive,some like the rape senário to be played out.

Not that it is my cup of tea,but say you meet some crazy chick that likes the role play,10 years later she changes and finds Jesus and then presses charges on you?

Wakos have been around forever but I learned a long time ago,you just do not go to peoples home that you just meet.

Racism is not responsible for everything bad.
    Agreed, but it's a factor in sentencing disparities. I just wish these opera rapists had been sentenced to hard prison time like any other rapist.

P.S. You daughter-in-law should find a better school. I'd look at parochial schools.

Agreed, but it's a factor in sentencing disparities. I just wish these opera rapists had been sentenced to hard prison time like any other rapist.

P.S. You daughter-in-law should find a better school. I'd look at parochial schools.
    "According to the Rape, Abuse, and Incest National Network, only 5 out of every 1,000 rapes committed—that’s 0.5 percent—ends in a felony conviction. The Washington Post puts the figure at 7 out of 1,000, but pretty much everyone agrees it’s under 1 percent." I had no idea, the percentage of convictions is so low. That would make the lack of punishment for the rape mentioned in your article the norm.

Regarding my DIL, some proactive measures are in place. My wife and I have been willingly recruited to provide about 6 hours a week each to tutoring. At the core are grade level workbooks to not allow summer slippage and maybe even some progress on school related
    progress. This is what some of my DIL's Tiger Mother friends are also doing. Also, every Sunday there are Chinese language classes which are also social outings for children and parents and a Chinese language teacher, always a university student, comes by one evening a week. I suppose, the language class get togethers inform the kids that their mother isn't the only educattion fanatic.

My wife found a set of books containing all of Hal Foster's Prince Valiant cartoons from 1938-1948. It was years later, but I remember Prince Valiant being the lead Sunday Detroit Free Press cartoon. Hal Foster did great cartoon art work. If it is my turn to read after the workbooks are done, I've been reading Prince Valiant to the grandkids as sort of a dessert. They are always begging for more of the non-stop adventure when I want to stop reading, so it is a great way to impart history and geography. I have stressed to them that their ancestors, although from the opposite ends of Euro-Asia both had a place for dragons. Small world.

My son, for his part has been teaching them skiing, spending a lot of time helping them to design and build planes, took the family for to the annual Oshkosh Experimental Aircraft get together... Even the 7 year old has skied from the top to bottom of Loveland.

Anyway, that's some of what everyone is doing as a work around where the local public school insists on under performing or worse. That's a little unfair as I know some of the teachers to be good. Some of the older ones even still insist on teaching some pre common core math.

...would make the lack of punishment for the rape mentioned in your article the norm.
    You know as well as I do that statistics have no bearing on individual cases. Are you saying that sentencing disparities don't exist? Would you be so sanguine if your own child or grandchild's rapist were given probation?

The Associated Press uncovered roughly 17,000 official reports of sex assaults by students over a four-year period, from fall 2011 to spring 2015.

https://www.boston.com/news/national...ols-across-us/

That was back in 2015 ,I wonder what it is now that many schools including those in Michigan that have ceased reporting rapes in schools to the police in order to prevent minorities from having a record when they graduate.

If one learns in school that they can rape or do violence on others with impunity how does that carry over into increased crime amongst African Americans attending a majority African American school in a majority African American city once they are out of school,I would say as a majority African Americans create more crime in Detroit then white people.

So you could take those results and integrate them into national statistics and change the outcome of the results.

In order to understand disparities in sentencing you would have to look at each case individually,Kinda like a judge does and compare apples to apples instead of just saying there are racial disparities in cases.

There was an African American male in Detroit that was released on bail after raping a girl,then he killed her.

So he got life,I guess that could be interpreted as an African American accused of rape got life when his white counter part did not,the part where the crimes were not equal plays no part in the disparity equation?

I do not know if it is the same in Michigan but in Florida,they use a point system.

So for each crime you commit throughout your life time there are points accessed according to the nature of the crime,those points are taken into account when you commit and are sentenced for the next crime.

So yes you could take a white person and an African American,if any one of those people were previously convicted of a crime they would incurs different sentences and give the illusion of one was judged more harshly then the other for the same crime.

It would be easy to take that at face value and exploit it without giving all of the facts in order to state your case.

It’s like I posted before ,the DWB holds zero water in Florida because everybody has dark tinted windows,it’s legal.

But yet the argument is African Americans are pulled over at a higher rate then whites because they are being targeted.

It is true African Americans are pulled over at a higher rate then whites,the catch is because of the tinted windows,the cops cannot tell what color one is before lighting them up so how can they possibly be targeting one race over another.

Its the little details that get lost in the narrative that matter.

To say there are more African Americans incarcerated then whites is even suspect,look in an actual prison and it seem to be pretty much the same.

The fact that there are more African Americans in prison or jail based on social economic status,then I would say yes but even at that if you break it down to whites and blacks that are in the same social economic status it becomes more equal.

The system is based on money,there are drug dealers that had the ability to pay the $250 million cash to pay the forfeiture and received 10 years for importing tons while there are those who are serving life for a few kilos.

I do not believe or has it been my personal experience that it all revolves around race,it actually has little to do with it,it’s about how much you can afford and the ability to pay a good lawyer.

It’s easy to say more blacks are incarcerated then whites,what a racist system when the reality is there are more blacks incarcerated because they could not afford a lawyer.

So race is being used as a crutch when it is about economics,if you keep people trapped in an economic crunch of course they will provide you with the statistics you need in order to further your agenda.

It’s never actually about solving the issues,because without an issue you lose your platform,without a platform how are you going to rally the troops?

That’s how it works,put people in a position where they need saving first,then you jump in to save the day and they become your supporters for life.

People actually need all of those people in prison,because it gives them a platform to stand on.

That’s why they create laws on top of laws,in order to keep that supply topped off.

You actually do not have to change anything,just make it look good in order to gain support under the guise that you are fighting the good cause.

Last edited by Richard; August-09-23 at 02:08 AM.

You know as well as I do that statistics have no bearing on individual cases. Are you saying that sentencing disparities don't exist? Would you be so sanguine if your own child or grandchild's rapist were given probation?
    Nope, I was expressing my surprise that the article you posted was not an exception according to the Slate article. Enforcement of rape laws seems to be on a par with or even worse than federal non-enforcement of border laws or the 10th. Amendment. Lack of enforcement of rape laws is the statistical norm. Acknowledging a problem is not being sanguine.

Going back to your OP, blaming the non enforcement on racism "Raping while white gets them eight years probation" is difficult to prove if 99% of all rapes don't end in a felony conviction. White or black, 99% of the results are the same in this matter. The perpetrator is not saddled with a rape conviction.

There were 676 rapes in Detroit in 2020. Rapes account for about 1.9% of Detroit's reported crimes. I didn't find the numbers for Detroit suburbs. If rape rates are proportional to other crimes committed, Detroit has 3.5x the average national crime rate and over 10x the crime rate of some of its suburbs. So, back to your questions; I left Detroit and lived in rural areas most of my life where there was no need to lock my doors although leaving the crime behind was not my top reason. I realize that others cannot always break free from jobs, relatives and momentum. My answer to things I can't control like poorly run schools and crime seem to be work arounds. In the County I now live in, 76% voted for Biden so I would just be banging my head against the wall if I didn't expect local schools to be a bit wacky. Hence, the work arounds.

Related: I would also like to see women who falsely claim rape be prosecuted more vigorously.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast