Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Thread: License Plate

Default License Plate

Bought a new car here in Las Vegas two weeks ago, and it is one hassle to get it registered here in Nevada. I don't ever remember having the slightest problem with the Michigan Secretary of State on my cars 'back when'.

Anyway, got it registered finally and my plates will come by mail. Alas, it will have a NV plate rather than one of these beauties on my garage wall.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Doesn't the dealer look after that for you?

Don, the dealers out here are absolute morons. At least the Ford dealers. This is prolly the 5th new car I've bought since moving to NV and I've gone through this "who me" shit every time. On the plus side, I have two free car washes coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Bought a new car here in Las Vegas two weeks ago, and it is one hassle to get it registered here in Nevada. I don't ever remember having the slightest problem with the Michigan Secretary of State on my cars 'back when'.

Anyway, got it registered finally and my plates will come by mail. Alas, it will have a NV plate rather than one of these beauties on my garage wall.
    Registration is simple now in Michigan. Maybe hassles in NV are related to job security for the state's DMV.

What, no “X” plates?

It's either incompetence or laziness. Carvana recently, and famously, lost their dealership license in multiple states as they weren't getting their customers permanent plates in a timely fashion.

Though, I always wonder in cases like Carvana's, if they are dropping the ball, or if the DMV is slow-walking their registrations to get them in trouble for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by shovelhead View Post
    What, no “X” plates?
    Had some, but sold them following a nice offer. Nothing is forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Bought a new car here in Las Vegas ...
    Aren't you in your late 80s??? Are the grandchildren driving you around?

There are a lot of people into their 90's that are still able to drive. As long as eyesight and reflexes aren't impaired, some of them drive better than a lot of folks I see on the road every day.
    Quote Originally Posted by masterblaster View Post

I love the new dark blue Michigan plates.

Nice collection, Ray!

Quote Originally Posted by Scottathew View Post
    I love the new dark blue Michigan plates.
    Back in the day when you got a new plate every year instead of "update stickers", Michigan had a few years where the plates honored UofM one year [[maize letters on a blue plate) and MSU the next year [[white letters on a green plate). Changing plates was challenging as you were out on the frozen ground in Jan/Feb fighting with rusted nuts and bolts to get the old plates off and new plates on.

Maize and Blue plates color scheme was 1954, 1965, 1967 and 1972.

Quote Originally Posted by masterblaster View Post
    Will be 87 in October. The genes I was dealt at birth apparently were excellent. No health problems at all.