Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Default A Triumph Car Dealership Located At 8811 East Jefferson Avenue

I've finally found the British Car Dealership I've been looking for, a Triumph-Standard Motors Car Dealership located at 8811 East Jefferson Avenue:
    https://vitessesteve.blogspot.com/2017/12/triumph-car-main-distributor-list-for.html
    https://tr4a.weebly.com/uploads/2/1/9/8/21980360/tr4a_factory_price_list.pdf
    The Van that they built that I've been thinking of, is called the Standard Atlas. Pictured below is one that was owned by this Triumph-Standard Motors Car Dealership on East Jefferson Avenue:

You should not have opened up another thread to announce you found what you were looking for. Admin will move this to your other thread.

There need to be more foreign dealerships in Detroit. Mack Avenue has three to four empty buildings that once housed dealerships. I would love to see Honda, Toyota, Mini Cooper, Hyundai fill those empty buildings. Does Detroit discriminate on what type of dealership could operate within its borders?

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    There need to be more foreign dealerships in Detroit. Mack Avenue has three to four empty buildings that once housed dealerships. I would love to see Honda, Toyota, Mini Cooper, Hyundai fill those empty buildings. Does Detroit discriminate on what type of dealership could operate within its borders?
    Foreign car makers are a *lot* more stingy with how many dealerships they roll out. In all of the greater Los Angeles area, there are, maybe, a dozen Toyota dealerships, and LA is a huge market for them. There are 20 Chevrolet dealerships in the metro Detroit area, and that's after closing down about a dozen after the bankruptcy. The LA Metro area has three times more people than the Detroit metro area.

Unless the existing dealerships are absolutely rolling with cash, and people are driving across town to get to them, a foreign car company won't even consider doling out another franchise.
    Last edited by JBMcB; July-17-23 at 09:19 AM.

It was at the corner where the McDonald's has been for nearly 50 years now. My uncle bought a Triumph there in the early '60s, which was a great car when it ran [[which it didn't in the cold, heat, or rain).