Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Default Ann Arbor police traffic stops… Yea or Nay ?

Right on track to become a small San Francisco. Stop enforcing quality of life regulations then sit back and watch as quality of life decreases. All in the name of this new, ill-conceived "equity" ideology that's a cancer on everything it touches.

Meanwhile, in Oakland County they are cracking down on loud car exhaust. Where would you rather live?

"registration sticker sand paper license plate violations"

What does that mean? Expired registration? I understand the other restrictions, but driving with an expired registration is kind of important, as it means you probably don't have any insurance, either.

Quote Originally Posted by K-slice View Post
    Right on track to become a small San Francisco. Stop enforcing quality of life regulations then sit back and watch as quality of life decreases. All in the name of this new, ill-conceived "equity" ideology that's a cancer on everything it touches.

Meanwhile, in Oakland County they are cracking down on loud car exhaust. Where would you rather live?
    You might want to click on the link in the cited article. It links to a study showing the disparity in groups stopped by the police. Although I suspect you’ll be dismissive of the implications of the study.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroiterOnTheWestCoast View Post
    You might want to click on the link in the cited article. It links to a study showing the disparity in groups stopped by the police. Although I suspect you’ll be dismissive of the implications of the study.
    Oh I'm well aware of those studies, irrelevant as they are.

The male US prison population is roughly 13x the female population. Maybe the police are just bias against men too huh? Maybe we should dig down into what men get sent to prison for and stop arresting them for it, hmmm?

Yea! Another thread inviting another Two-Minute Hate on an optimism-based forum. Big Brother would be proud!

They have tried that in Minneapolis,it has not worked out so well,they are doing it in my city also,unless you are a direct menace to the safety of other motorists you get a free pass.

I remember a time when you would rarely get pulled over as long as all of those things were in good working order.

A new study from the Southeast Michigan Criminal Justice Policy Research Project at Eastern Michigan University found that non-white motorists--particularly “multi-racial and African-American male drivers”--were much more likely to be pulled over by police.

Not sure why it was a new study,because they have studied it until the cows come home for decades.

They tried that argument in Florida with the FHP who does not even keep records on race statistics,because so many do have tinted windows it is impossible to use the skin color argument as a reason to pull over.

The only conclusion they came to was African Americans that were in a predominantly African American area were pulled over at a higher rate then whites simply because they outnumbered the whites.

Why is it always black and white ?

What about Hispanics,Asians,American Indians are meth heads pulled over at a higher rate then crack heads?

The difference I have seen sense those policies were implemented here is people are pressing the limits and if your defensive driving skills are not up to par you better look out.

I have to include myself in that because 60 in a 30 is pretty common.

The down side to all of that is if you want to piss the police off,call them if you have an accident,were burglarized,assaulted,any kind of petty crime was committed against you.

But enforcement varies according to city limits and county you are in.

Go on YouTube and watch the Arkansas state police chases that happen almost in a daily basis on the freeways at speeds well over 100 mph,based out of Little Rock.They do not think twice about pulling a pit maneuver at 120 mph.

Because the No chase policy also comes into play in the cities,ot would be great to be a moonshine runner in these times,probably boring because nobody will chase you.

People are taking all of that and putting it to the test in order to see what the limits really are.
    Last edited by Richard; July-10-23 at 03:54 PM.

I’m for it. It’s to easy to accost people on public streets as it is and getting worse with this cell phone law. 5 points is it? A fine too?
    That can cost people their livelyhood if driving is involved.

To easy, like shootin fish in a barrel

Tinted window, cracked window, objects hanging on rearview mirrors, and burned out tail light laws all have to do with motorist safety. Loud exhaust regulations have to do with disturbing the peace. Given the choice of being like Sweden or a third world country, the Ann Arbor City Council decided to vote against public safety.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Wesson View Post
    I’m for it. It’s to easy to accost people on public streets as it is and getting worse with this cell phone law. 5 points is it? A fine too?
    That can cost people their livelyhood if driving is involved.

To easy, like shootin fish in a barrel
    These are all choices people make. Driving W/O insurance or registration, modifying your car illegally, choosing to text and drive, we all have the choice to do these things or not.

To your analogy, I say if the fish willingly jumps in the barrel, and has the intellect to understand the possible consequences of doing so, blast away.