Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Default WDIV 4 News Weather Anchor Brandon Roux is leaving to new opportunities.

Over the past 20 years WDIV News 4 has welcomed new generation as news anchors. However some are let go and others resigned to for new job opportunities. Weather Anchorman Brandon Roux say 'Adieux' to Channel 4 News to new career opportunities.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...-aXpo58ZRARBoU

The last of the old regime!

This all started when they brought Kim Adams back from her 10 year long vacation, and made her chief meteorogist, a job Andrew Humphries should have been promoted to. That's why Andrew left. And now the exodus begins.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; July-03-23 at 10:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    This all started when they brought Kim Adams back from her 10 year long vacation
    I'm pretty sure she left to have and raise her children. I don't disagree that maybe Andrew or Brandon should've gotten consideration first, this is just the second time [[first was on the Detroit subreddit) this morning I've seen her demonized for simply returning, and it's truly disrespectful.

Quote Originally Posted by dtowncitylover View Post
    I'm pretty sure she left to have and raise her children. I don't disagree that maybe Andrew or Brandon should've gotten consideration first, this is just the second time [[first was on the Detroit subreddit) this morning I've seen her demonized for simply returning, and it's truly disrespectful.
    It's not disrespectful. They must have had a *wink-wink* deal already put in place. If any one was disrespected, it was Andrew. He was there doing the work when she wasn't for those 10 years. I don't have a problem with her coming back as a weather reporter, but to promote her to that position when she hasn't even been there doesn't pass the smell test to me. Stay in your lane dude...
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; July-04-23 at 01:29 AM.

It's not disrespectful. They must have had a *wink-wink* deal already put in place. If any one was disrespected, it was Andrew. He was there doing the work when she wasn't for those 10 years. I don't have a problem with her coming back as a weather reporter, but to promote her to that position when she hasn't even been there doesn't pass the smell test to me.
    Completely agree. But go ask your mother if raising you was a vacation.

Absolutely agree! Andrew should have been promoted to Chief Meteorologist when Ben Bailey left. For Kim to waltz in and take that highest position on the Weather team doesn't seem right. Not that she's not competent or knowledgeable. But Andrew earned that job! I'm guessing that it didn't matter...WDIV management has their vision and as such has made numerous personnel changes in the past year or so. I like most of the new hires. And I still think WDIV's staff and production is far better than its local competition.

Quote Originally Posted by dtowncitylover View Post
    Completely agree. But go ask your mother if raising you was a vacation.
    You ask your mammy the same....since you want to be snarky.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; July-03-23 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
    Absolutely agree! Andrew should have been promoted to Chief Meteorologist when Ben Bailey left. For Kim to waltz in and take that highest position on the Weather team doesn't seem right. Not that she's not competent or knowledgeable. But Andrew earned that job! I'm guessing that it didn't matter...WDIV management has their vision and as such has made numerous personnel changes in the past year or so. I like most of the new hires. And I still think WDIV's staff and production is far better than its local competition.
    I like Fox 2's weather forecasters better. Alan Longstreet and Derek Kevra. They are great at explaining terms and are more through than WDIV. I used to watch 4 exclusively but since they've had all this turnover, I watch Fox2 Detroit now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
    The last of the old regime!
    Carmen Harlen was the last of the old regime.

I don't understand why they felt it was incumbent upon them to not only rescue her from that hurricane years ago but then to install her as head of her department, displacing others who had been working hard while she was down south, seemingly not caring much about Detroit.
    This all started when they brought Kim Adams back from her 10 year long vacation, and made her chief meteorogist, a job Andrew Humphries should have been promoted to. That's why Andrew left. And now the exodus begins.

It’s obvious she has “assets” that Andrew didn’t.

They come and they go. When I left Detroit, Jerry Hodak was still #1.

Sonny Eliot.

Sonny Eliot on 50 Years in Broadcasting
    When you talk to Sonny Eliot about his career, you're talking about the history of television. This interview, in 1997, celebrated 50 years on the air.

I'm all about the Ashley Baracy.

I always felt Brandon Roux was uncomfortable on screen - or, at least, that's how he made me feel. Kim Adams is ok. Andrew Humphries did the job well but didn't crush it, I didn't think.

Ch 4 has sucked for a looooooong time.

I always wondered why Paul Gross wasn't the Chief Meteorologist.

... Hopefully Tati Amare gets to stay on Live in the D.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    I liked it best when it first launched with Guy Gordon and Karen Drew.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    I like her, hardly ever watch but she seems real.

Best am weatherman since Sonny Elliot! God bless em both!