Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
If the panels are mounted at a 45 degree angle...
You raise many valid concerns.

I was thinking of panels mounted horizontally to form an awning. Also, possibly shaped like aircraft wings so that winds would tend to create lift rather sideways forces.

With regard to cleaning, I wonder if panels can be coated with a ceramic similar to self-cleaning automotive finishes? My car has a ceramic coating -- rain washes mud and dirt away.

With regard to dogs, I'm thinking about using extremely sociable dogs such as Great Pyrenees -- territorial wolf-killers that guard flocks and children. When the dog smells a junky, its collar triggers an alarm to which police respond. I guess it's not unlawful to be use junk. However, an ordinance could make it unlawful for junkies to loiter on city property. Admittedly, getting police to respond is a major hurdle. Perhaps the city should have a Parks and Rec rapid-response force dedicated to keeping parks free of druggies and safe for children and sugar maples?

IDK but I suspect there are creative technological solutions to many of our concerns.

P.S. One benefit of using guardian dogs is that, unlike some LEOs, dogs don't take bribes.