Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Default Hi I知 new and a member of MoBig =Music on Belle Isle Group

Hi This is Norma
    I was born by Belle Isle, raised in Oak Park , attended Cass Tech graduated in Music, attended Wayne State, graduated Music, attended U of M graduated Social Work. Semi retired age 71 now and ready to volunteer to help Detroit reach its potential as one of the greatest cities in the world.

One of my endeavors is to help MoBig [[Music on Belle Isle Group) keep live music on Belle Isle and restore the Remick bandshell to be a beacon venue for live music to enhance the community culture. We currently have going on a Riverblast concert series all summer long Wednesdays 7 pm on Sunset Pointe. Please bring people, picnics and pets.

I also volunteer for the archivists at Albert Kahn legacy association, the Tuesday Musicale of Detroit and recently joined as a member owner, the Detroit People’s Food Coop and a proud member of the Anti Racism group. Glad to join this forum of great Detroit lovers.

Posted on wrong forum, moved to Discuss Detroit. Bumped for attention. Welcome to the forum.

Hiya, Norma! A big hello from this Detroit born transplant to southern Nevada! Hey, I still love DTW, but golly, the weather out this way is sure much nicer....................

Welcome, Norma!

For anyone who might want to enjoy a summer evening listening to music on Belle Isle, here's the list of concerts starting this week and running through August: https://mobigmusic.org/concerts

Hi Norma! Has MOBIG approached any of the big foundations in the area? Are there any estimates for what the cost is to rehabilitate the band shell and are there any thoughts on what you would like to see done with the parking lot between Remick and Oudolf Garden Detroit?

As someone who spends a lot of time at this part of the island I would love to see the bandshell restored joining our other island gems!

Thanks for posting this list Kathleen!

I plan to attend a couple of these events! I'm wondering how tonights one will fare with the high smoke/ pollution level considering the band is playing instruments?

I am staying in all day, door and windows shut.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
    Welcome, Norma!

For anyone who might want to enjoy a summer evening listening to music on Belle Isle, here's the list of concerts starting this week and running through August: https://mobigmusic.org/concerts

Thanks for the heads up! Dr. Pocket sounds awesome!

^^ Dr Pocket, directed by Craig Strain, is a terrific group!

We hope to make it out to a few of these shows this summer!

Last night's concert band show was quite enjoyable. Sitting under the trees at Sunset Point...a cool breeze blowing in from the river...good music. A beautiful evening on the Island!!

Thanks for your responses. The 2024 MObig concert series is coming up in June and will include more diverse musical offerings this season. We are excited to learn how to fundraise, we are developing partnerships with other arts organizations such as Culture Source , DNR, Oudolf Garden in order to work on restoration of the Bandshell!

Check out the 2024 MObig concert series here:
    https://mobigmusic.org/concerts

Mark your calendars!