Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CassTechGrad View Post
    **Misleading Thread Title has since been Amended by Moderator by adding "On City Property"**
    Thanks guys. I just cut/paste from the Free Press online story and tried to keep it short not intending to remove important information.[/QUOTE]

Yahoo and the Guardian led with headlines with the same incendiary intent,not saying that was your intention but is another example of the media stoking the flames of discourse.

‘A sense of betrayal’: liberal dismay as Muslim-led US city bans Pride flags

https://www.yahoo.com/news/sense-bet...100011203.html

The over 3000 comments mimic those here as a majority,people are quick to bring up democracy,until it does not work in their favor then it reverts to bullying tactics.

I am still trying to wrap my head around the logic of the whole banning of Columbus Day thing,how do you ban one group from celebrating what they believe in but yet allow another to?

The ones wanting to celebrate Columbus Day should have the same rights as those who want to celebrate gay pride month,this practice of removing one groups rights in order to promote another’s is anything but the democracy they are claiming to protect.

Its a level of forced acceptance where systematically people are told how to think and what to believe in and if you do not step in line you will be shunned from society and blacklisted,the process of removing the freedom of individualism.

The government as a body is supposed to stay neutral in all of this,which is what they are doing.
    Last edited by Richard; June-18-23 at 10:20 AM.

@Richard/

What I think you meant was stoking the flames of discord.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Thanks guys. I just cut/paste from the Free Press online story and tried to keep it short not intending to remove important information.
    Yahoo and the Guardian led with headlines with the same incendiary intent,not saying that was your intention but is another example of the media stoking the flames of discourse.

‘A sense of betrayal’: liberal dismay as Muslim-led US city bans Pride flags

https://www.yahoo.com/news/sense-bet...100011203.html

The over 3000 comments mimic those here as a majority,people are quick to bring up democracy,until it does not work in their favor then it reverts to bullying tactics.

I am still trying to wrap my head around the logic of the whole banning of Columbus Day thing,how do you ban one group from celebrating what they believe in but yet allow another to?

The ones wanting to celebrate Columbus Day should have the same rights as those who want to celebrate gay pride month,this practice of removing one groups rights in order to promote another’s is anything but the democracy they are claiming to protect.

Its a level of forced acceptance where systematically people are told how to think and what to believe in and if you do not step in line you will be shunned from society and blacklisted,the process of removing the freedom of individualism.

The government as a body is supposed to stay neutral in all of this, which is what they are doing.[/QUOTE]

LGBTQ pride folks can take their measures to the highest court in the nation. But Hamtramck City Council made voted in a democratic decision not to hang a representative sex culture flag in city properties. But LBGTQ Pride flags are allowed in their confines of their homes. Sex culture is not a nation culture. It an entertaining and mostly private moment between their mates. And its not to be discussed and be shown to children until they are ready and beginning to know about the culture of sex as their hormones are pump up. It's better to keep open sex culture in a private areas and not to ruin our society of like being Sodom and Gomorrah.

Government as a body is supposed to stay neutral in all of this, which is what they are doing.
    Agreed, LGBQT is like a religion, and as I say to all religions, Keep it in Your Pants. I'm old enough to remember when people simply practiced religions rather than talking about them. At least this was so north of the Mason-Dixon Line.

Reddit - https://i.redd.it/qr38ruyjk9641.jpg

The ordinance doesn't prevent any displays on private property so merchants and residents can display what they like. I would hope that the rule is enforced evenly so that none but the 3 mentions flags could fly on public buildings. Does the rule apply to the interior of public buildings I wonder? Are employees prevented from such displays in their personal work areas? I trust that the church/state separation issues are also strictly observed.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2023/06/23/hamtramck-mayor-pan-african-flag/70351354007

So apparently black Pride flags are ok, even though the ordinance excludes “racial” flags. Let’s all just admit that this was explicitly an anti-gay ordinance. Which I’d expect from a Muslim council.

It says/prints it in the article

He told the Free Press on Friday that an exception was made for the flag designed by the late Black nationalist Marcus Garvey because the Juneteenth event was planned long before the resolution passed and organizers compromised with city officials. They flew the flag in a more muted manner than originally intended, taping it to the post of a park pavilion rather than flying it on a march and later a pole, he said. Moving forward, Ghalib said, such displays will not be allowed.

Not sure how much it has to do with being Muslim but as a rule gay people do not burn cities if they do not get their way,but I agree,the city was not obligated to make a compromise and opens the door of what could be grandfathered in or not.

Anyway one looks at it somebody will always find a way to call them Muslim,racist,homophobic,anti Nazi or whatever anybody can think of in order to support their cause.

The best flag material is muslin. Just sayin’.

Government as a body is supposed to stay neutral in all of this, which is what they are doing.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, LGBQT is like a religion, and as I say to all religions, Keep it in Your Pants. I'm old enough to remember when people simply practiced religions rather than talking about them. At least this was so north of the Mason-Dixon Line.

Reddit - https://i.redd.it/qr38ruyjk9641.jpg[/QUOTE]

Hamtramck is not Ferndale!

LGBTQ is not a religion. It's a sex culture, just folks showing off their sexual nature while living their lives. It's pleasure for them and an abomination for others. Even in the eyes of God. One thing people practice sexual Sodomy evolution is it's getting into children telling them that being LGBTQ is cool and ok. However it's not the right time or year to tell a child at any age under 13 about sexual actions until they ready to seek it. LGBTQ culture is counter like being a Hippie and Flowerchildren releasing their self love and self peace to our society, but doesn't fit in to our religious institutions or in our holy books.

"Agreed, LGBQT is like a religion, and as I say to all religions, Keep it in Your Pants."

Oh, FFS! Not even close to a religion, dood.

And to the other misinformed poster -- it's not "sex culture".

Both of these posters present an emotional response to the topic not rooted in fact ... just spewing homophobic opinions presented as "fact".

Definitely a lot like a religion. Hedonism perhaps?

There has always been wicked and deviant behavior, even pre-dating Sodom & Gomorrah, but the recent push to shove it in everyone's faces and down their throats is rather new. Trying to confuse children in schools? Sickening.

And it's not that they just want to do these the things we can't even speak about in a forum, they want to flaunt it in a way that THEY would find totally offensive if straight people or Christians flaunted their beliefs. They don't just want to be left alone, they want to convert the masses.

At the current rate, we'll have Lgbtiqcapgngfnba+? inquisitions in 10 years. Straight people will be called evil oppressors like whites are now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    ....At the current rate, we'll have Lgbtiqcapgngfnba+? inquisitions in 10 years. Straight people will be called evil oppressors like whites are now.
    This is blatantly contrived indignity/hyperbole, courtesy of the far right. Why so eager to invalidate your own cause? It makes no sense.

You're desperately reaching for scenarios that will never occur.

You need an intervention before you harm yourself and others.
    Last edited by Jimaz; June-26-23 at 09:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post

You need an intervention before you harm yourself and others.

Wow, look who's reaching? Not to worry, I'm not even far left. It's the far left that harms themselves and LOTS of others, and property. Their positions are insane and indefensible, so they must turn to name calling and violence. Lots of violence.

Bravo to Hamtramck City Council for doing the right thing.

So many municipalities have caved to the insanity. Even the president illegally disgraced our nation recently by covering part of the White House with a gay pride flag.
    Last edited by Rocket; June-26-23 at 10:40 PM.

There are people that want to ban flags of states because they have images that portray a negative effect,they ban long established sports team names because they feel it is not representative,some southerners are frowned on when they fly the stars and bars.

So why are people expected to just automatically except or be forced to except a gay pride flag or telling others your cause is more important then theirs.

I have no issues if one wants to fly the rainbow flag on government property,it can fly right next to the stars and bars,the Nazi flag or what ever flag one desires but like I already said,constitution says you treat everybody equally so if somebody wants to fly the rainbow flag on public property,then I can use my constitutional rights and demand that my flag of choice flys right along side of it.

Interesting enough in another city a mayor was ousted for his refusal to allow the pride flag flown at the city court house.

For the ones that keep saying it is not sexual,my ass,not literally so do not get excited,read the reports about the conduct that went on during the weekend marches.

You honestly believe it is cool for 15 naked men to jump into a fountain where children are playing,or naked men to be twerking along the path of a parade where children are while calling these events family oriented ?

Anybody else would be arrested for indecent exposure but now you have people that think they are supposed to be some protected class of people even immune from public morality,Kinda like animals are protected,not all gay people are even like that or the ones I know would never even approve of those actions because they kick the cause back decades.

One would think the goal would not to demand to be treated as special group and be treated like everybody else,when you force acceptance on somebody you gotta be ready to put your big girl panties on and be prepared for the pushback.

Its okay to be a stranger and gay and be around children naked,if you are not gay that’s 10 years in prison and you are considered a pervert for life.

Thats a load of crap - just because you are gay you no longer are sexual or able to think sexual thoughts or it is okay for adults to be naked in front of children outside of a nudist colony where everybody is like minded.

It makes you wonder if the gay couples that adopt children are acting the same way inside of the home,twerking naked in front of them and doing the same things in that they are doing in public that anybody else would be arrested for.

Maybe it is something CPS should be looking into,because if there is no morality in the streets,one can only imagine what is happening in the home.

What is the motive behind all of this recent push to force children into the adult world ? It’s almost like people are trying to set them up for marriage at age 12 again,maybe that is really the end goal,to remove the legalities of child molestation by conditioning the children and society into thinking it is all okay because it is just human nature and not a sickness or mental illness.

I feel bad for the women,they have been advocating for decades,with my support,in order to walk around topless,they cannot without being arrested,but call yourself a gay man and it is perfectly okay to walk around totally naked in public,if I identified as a women I would be pissed off because once again it is proven to truly be a man’s world,kinda sorta,and once again women are cast aside.

Serious question to the gay community,if you are allowed to fly the rainbow flag on public property,would you be opposed to me flying the stars n bars along side of it ? Or the Nazi flag,or the hell’s angels flag,or even a strippers G string that I say identifies as a flag.

If you have an issue with that,then you do not deserve to be able to fly the rainbow flag on public property,because you are no more special then I am,is that not the stated goal ? To be accepted and treated equally?
    Last edited by Richard; June-27-23 at 02:22 AM.

The triggered, straight, white guy outrage bubble is alive and well here. Here is a thought, befriend an LGBTQ+ individual, or better yet a bunch, and maybe you will actually look at them as human, understand their issues and eventually realize that right wing media is riling you up just as you claim the "leftist" media does on every other issue.

If Christians flaunted their beliefs? My god you're an oblivious fool. Christianity has injected itself in every aspect of American life but I guess the court ruling on abortion rights based on religious grounds is subtle while a flag at the white house is "shoving it down our throats."

It IS a religion now.

They used to falsely claim they just wanted to be left alone. Later they falsely claimed they wanted equal rights. Then the claim was they wanted to be respected. Now it's that they want to indoctrinate everyone else's children.

The LGBT movement now has religion status, and therefore does not belong on a flagpole of government property.

"We're here, we're queer, we're coming for your children." Chant
    [Warning, like most everything from these groups, this may not be safe for work.]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NXNKnT28Kc

a lot of you are showing your asses on this topic and it's pretty embarrassing. don't forget there are queer people on this forum who share your interest in watching and chronicling detroit's evolution.

so before you start parroting tucker and candace about how we're and liars and cultists and child groomers – and that one's particularly disgusting and dangerous – maybe like, actually try befriending a single queer person. make an effort to understand that we're not some villainous cabal out to destroy society, we're all literally just trying to make our way in a world full of people who still want us erased or dead. each one of you spitting this fearmongering propaganda, who go out of your way to make it seem more rational to hate us, are another reason to fly the pride colors.

also, that "coming for your children" chant video was demonstrably doctored, it was broken down and explained countless times on twitter but congrats on falling for more disinformation.

Quote Originally Posted by kuuma View Post
    in a world full of people who still want us erased or dead. each one of you spitting this fearmongering propaganda, who go out of your way to make it seem more rational to hate us,
    Easy now. No one here inferred hate. You just imagined that.

People simply not wanting to be indoctrinated does not equal hate. Not everyone has to do what you do.

Not wanting our children indoctrinated [which is definitely happening across the country, with drag queens in children's classrooms, etc] is different than hate.

Not everyone who is different than you hates you.

Also, you're saying that the Ny Post, Daily Mail, Newsweek, Pink News, Snopes, etc are all wrong? https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/ch...g-chant-video/
    Last edited by Rocket; June-27-23 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by southen View Post
    The triggered, straight, white guy outrage bubble is alive and well here.
    That's an interesting take, given we are talking about the Hamtramck city council here.

People simply not wanting to be indoctrinated does not equal hate. Not everyone has to do what you do.

Not wanting our children indoctrinated [which is definitely happening across the country, with drag queens in children's classrooms, etc] is different than hate.

easy now. reread a little. i never said you are hating, i said when people like yourselves parrot propaganda disingenuously aimed at creating fear around harming children, that's fuel for people more dispositioned toward violence than yourself. you might not feel it's hatred, but you might want to take stock of the people who share your enthusiasm for smearing us, and how much hatred and penchant for violence there is in those ranks.

and don't tell me what i "imagined" when it takes you five seconds on google to see countless examples of real cold-blooded violence against lgbt people in this country. the hate is real, and when you join the chorus with rubbish like this doctored video designed to scare people who have never had a single conversation with a queer person, you're participating.

Also, you're saying that the Ny Post, Daily Mail, Newsweek, Pink News, Snopes, etc are all wrong? https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/ch...g-chant-video/

Right. The New York Post is not as good as the post my dog pees on.

Skipping the usual suspects' rants and raves .....

My personal opinion is that the only fags to be flown on any government property at any level should be official government flags, national, state, county or municipality, and Veterans/POW/MIA . No statement flags of any kind, no matter the cause or reason.

The POW/MIA flag is a special interest flag he way Memorial Day and Veteran's Day are special interest days.

Showing disrespect for any of them should be grounds for shame.

Quote Originally Posted by kuuma View Post
    easy now. reread a little. i never said you are hating, i said when people like yourselves parrot propaganda disingenuously aimed at creating fear around harming children, that's fuel for people more dispositioned toward violence than yourself. you might not feel it's hatred, but you might want to take stock of the people who share your enthusiasm for smearing us, and how much hatred and penchant for violence there is in those ranks.

and don't tell me what i "imagined" when it takes you five seconds on google to see countless examples of real cold-blooded violence against lgbt people in this country. the hate is real, and when you join the chorus with rubbish like this doctored video designed to scare people who have never had a single conversation with a queer person, you're participating.
    You are also parroting propaganda,claiming others view points are influenced by outside sources,so the very freedoms you seek to achieve you wish to deny others of.

The freedom of independent thought.

There is also an element of grouping everybody into a singular category.

My X wife is lesbian,I lived in Orlando where 3/4 of Disneys employees and top staff are gay and there was more gay clubs per square mile then straight clubs.

There are radical elements on both sides but you do not get to stoke the flames and just step back while pretending to be innocent.

This discussion is a prime example of that along with the ruckus over the issue.

The crux of the matter was about any other flag being flown on government property other then what was established.

It was the gay community or instigators that turned it into an attack on gays because the rainbow flag was not allowed.

It had zero to do with being gay but the outrage came about because people made the decision not to allow any special groups to fly the flag,so the gay community stood up and said but we are special and our flag deserves more credibility or credence over anybody else’s.

Do you see a BLM flag being flown in government property? They would like to fly their flag.

Its the attitudes that take a symbol of solidarity and turns them into symbols of hate then it gets flipped around to pull any card from the stack in defense.

If one is saying peoples thoughts and actions are influenced or manipulated by outside sources and media against gays ,it could also be argued that when it comes to young children their thoughts and actions could also be influenced and manipulated by outside sources and media for the benefit of the gay movement.

So you are recognizing that influencing and conditioning is a real thing and possible.

Under the constitution as a U.S. citizen you are guaranteed to be treated equally gay or not.

The disconnect comes in when children are involved,it becomes a societal issue where children are to young and not mentally capable or mature enough to process things,so there is an element of forced processing,they will decide on their one and should be allowed to decide on their own when they feel it is comfortable and can process it.

As adults it is our job to give them that space and time,just leave them out of the equation,let them be kids,they will have plenty of time to figure out what path they want to take.
    Last edited by Richard; June-27-23 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JBMcB View Post
    That's an interesting take, given we are talking about the Hamtramck city council here.
    Is it though? Religious extremists of any stripe have the same tendencies to overreact to anything that conflicts with their narrow world view. Just look at Rocket and Dick. Disagree with their conservative views and you’re a commie or fascist. Disagree with a christian world view and it’s you who is indoctrinating but not the other way around. It’s no different than a Muslim city council banning pride flags.

if god’s on our side who’s against us?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast