Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Thread: ObamaCare

if you make $500/wk, you WILL get subsidies. give us a progressive house and a filibuster-proof senate and I bet a "medicare buy-in" option will be added to the ACA

Back on point, Obamacare was never designed to be successful. The Affordable Care Act was designed to fail. It was built to increase prices and disarray the market so that the single payer system would be the only way to go. The end goal is Government to have complete control over Health Care. Your premiums will be deducted from your payroll, social security, or other income the same way income tax is. That's why we can find a thousand things wrong with the Affordable Care Act -- it was designed NOT to work.

Well, let's hope you are right and we get a single payer system that can actually have negotiating power against big pharma and big health in general

Got a firsthand understanding of how Obamacare works last week. Went for my annual and the Doc asked me to provide a stool sample. I asked him what he expected to find from it and he told me we will never know what's in it until I pass it.

Quote Originally Posted by coracle View Post
    Got a firsthand understanding of how Obamacare works last week. Went for my annual and the Doc asked me to provide a stool sample. I asked him what he expected to find from it and he told me we will never know what's in it until I pass it.
    Uh, good joke, I guess.

Just had a man who works for Blue Cross Blue Shield come into my workplace this morning, he said all rates are expected to double by January 2014.
    Including group plans.

Now that's Affordable! Thank you for the Affordable Care Act!

Just ran into a guy who works for Blue Cross Blue Shield on the street and he told me all rates were expected to be reduced by 50% by January 2014.

Anecdotal or hearsay hysteria is fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Papasito View Post
    Just had a man who works for Blue Cross Blue Shield come into my workplace this morning, he said all rates are expected to double by January 2014.
    Including group plans.

Now that's Affordable! Thank you for the Affordable Care Act!
    hmmm...then why did my BCBS rate get cut in half for this quarter?

This whole ado about men having to pay for women's health services they will never use...

I looked back on my last two health insurance plans, one from an employer, one I pay on my own. Guess what? I had/have coverage for pap smears, mammography, etc. nothing new there at all

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    Just ran into a guy who works for Blue Cross Blue Shield on the street and he told me all rates were expected to be reduced by 50% by January 2014.

Anecdotal or hearsay hysteria is fun.
    Papasito's rep sounds like an working operative that tells it like it is, whereas your guy was a salesman that omitted to tell you that the 50% reduction will be the Sale price after a 400% increase. It's prudent to be suspicious of guys working on the street.

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    This whole ado about men having to pay for women's health services they will never use...

I looked back on my last two health insurance plans, one from an employer, one I pay on my own. Guess what? I had/have coverage for pap smears, mammography, etc. nothing new there at all
    If I were you, I'd take advantage of all that, while you still have the coverage.

Papasito's rep sounds like an working operative that tells it like it is, whereas your guy was a salesman that omitted to tell you that the 50% reduction will be the Sale price after a 400% increase. It's prudent to be suspicious of guys working on the street.
    and your evidence for this is? oh, yeah. nothing

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    and your evidence for this is? oh, yeah. nothing
    Go get your mammogram and pap smeared.

People are getting their quotes from the official website and getting higher rates, higher deductibles. After entering all their personal information. Where's the proof? If you havent found tons of these stories all over the place, then you are uninformed.
    But does it really surprise you? Not really.
    It's about as surprising as:
    - No $2500 savings on health insurance per family per year as promised
    - Not being able to stay with your current health plan as promised
    Add those in there with other broken Obama promises like:

Eliminate all oil and gas tax loopholes

Expand the child and dependent care credit

Require publicly traded financial partnerships to pay the corporate income tax

Close loopholes in the corporate tax deductibility of CEO pay

Create a foreclosure prevention fund for homeowners

Provide option for a pre-filled-out tax form

Create a mortgage interest tax credit for non-itemizers

Require automatic enrollment in 401[[k) plans

Require automatic enrollment in IRA plans

Create a retirement savings tax credit for low incomes

End income tax for seniors making less than $50,000

End no-bid contracts above $25,000

Create a $60 billion bank to fund roads and bridges

Tax carried interest as ordinary income

Sign the Employee Free Choice Act, making it easier for workers to unionize

Lift the payroll tax cap on earnings above $250,000

Forbid companies in bankruptcy from giving executives bonuses

Allow workers to claim more in unpaid wages and benefits in bankruptcy court

Require full disclosure of company pension investments to employees

Allow imported prescription drugs

Prevent drug companies from blocking generic drugs

Allow Medicare to negotiate for cheaper drug prices

Appoint federal-level coordinator to oversee all federal autism efforts

Double federal funding for cancer research

Direct the Secretary of Health and Human Services to conduct a comprehensive study of federal cancer initiatives

Provide the CDC $50 million in new funding to determine the most effective approaches for cancer patient care

Sign the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities

Fully fund the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act [[IDEA)

....and that's the tip of the iceburg of broken and unfulfilled Obama promises. So WHY would anyone who voted for this guy actually be happy?

Democrats need to be calling their own man out.

Really? Because my fictitious guy has so far proven accurate whereas Papasito's probably-fictitious guy is politically-convenient but certainly lying.

Interestingly enough, there are stories of strangers getting higher quotes.

Of course, of the people I actually know in real life who have used the system, I have only heard of lower quotes, in some cases of up to 50%.

Some people will believe anything they read from a conservative website.

There seems to be a lot of bullshit on this thread. I've run across some glitches and a few things I find suspect, but nothing like the drivel that Papasito is tossing out there. Sorry Papa, but have you been studying the details or just copying the anti Obama rhetoric. It isn't a perfect system, but what is?

Go get your mammogram and pap smeared.
    my last two policies have BOTH covered them, and my GF's covers prostate exams

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    Interestingly enough, there are stories of strangers getting higher quotes.

Of course, of the people I actually know in real life who have used the system, I have only heard of lower quotes, in some cases of up to 50%.

Some people will believe anything they read from a conservative website.
    I've been trying to figure out who pays more and who pays less under the [[un)ACA. I've come across more people, on sites I visit, claiming their rates have gone down. The Washington Post had this summary:"If the poor, sick and uninsured are the winners under the Affordable Care Act, the losers appear to include some relatively healthy middle-income small-business owners, consultants, lawyers and other self-employed workers who buy their own insurance. Many make too much to qualify for new federal subsidies provided by the law but not enough to absorb the rising costs without hardship. Some are too old to go without insurance because they have children or have minor health issues, but they are too young for Medicare.
    Others are upset because they don’t want coverage for services they’ll never need or their doctors don’t participate in any of their new insurance options."
    I wasn't surprised that the President lied about his previous lies even though they were all over YouTube but i was surprised at the willingness of the Obama administration to dump between 2-3.5M Americans off of their policies and on to the street. After all, this was supposed to increase the percentage of Americans covered. I'm sure many of those will find new policies and some will probably even pay less. Still, roughing people up isn't the way to go about this.

Lost in this latest flap of broken promises is another promise that the President made. He promised that the price of the average family's health insurance policy would go down by $2,500 by the end of his first term. instead it went up by about $1,400, if I recall, as American family incomes dropped by that same number.

The increase will most likely be substantial for “a slice of the younger population,” said Massachusetts Institute of Technology health economist Jon Gruber, a supporter of the health law who has studied its impact on premiums.
    ACA premium sticker shock could fuel foes

Was the ACA compromised to the point that it became a policy that was an ineffective situation for all citizens? Not calling out either side of the aisle [[well perhaps one side more than the other) but the other side seemed to cave. It seemed like a sellout from both sides, under the extreme absolute power and the magnitude of the insurance industry. insurance companies are all powerful and we have virtually no recourse in stopping them.

I signed up about 2 weeks ago-and received my letter explaining the changes to my healthcare and the effective date - January 1, 2014, I guess I'm the only one...

The latest from the President, maybe without the telepromter:

PRESIDENT OBAMA: You know, I regret very much that what we intended to do, which is to make sure that everybody is moving into better plans because they want 'em, as opposed to because they're forced into it. That, you know, we weren't as clear as we needed to be in terms of the changes that were taking place. And I want to do everything we can to make sure that people are finding themselves in a good position -- a better position than they were before this law happened.

Keep in mind that most of the folks who are going to who got these cancellation letters, they'll be able to get better care at the same cost or cheaper in these new marketplaces because they'll have more choice, they'll have more competition. They're part of a bigger pool. Insurance companies are going to be hungry for their business.

So, the majority of folks will end up being better off, of course, because the website's not working right. They don’t necessarily know it right [now]. But, even though it's a small percentage of folks who may be disadvantaged, you know, it means a lot to them. And it's scary to them.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2013/11/07/obama_most_people_will_be_better_off_they_dont_nec essarily_know_it_right_now.html

It's divisive and confusing. I just visited the site and copied the following: "The maximum out-of-pocket costs for any Marketplace plan for 2014 are $6,350 for an individual plan and $12,700 for a family plan."
    My question is: If this limit is real, would relatively healthy or young forum members benefit by choosing the lowest coverage, the "bronze" plans? A hospital stay would cost less, out of pocket, once the limit is reached, in a day or two. Am I missing something? What would be the advantage of a gold or platinum plan? Please, no political posturing or dogma.

Quote Originally Posted by Papasito View Post
    Back on point, Obamacare was never designed to be successful. The Affordable Care Act was designed to fail. It was built to increase prices and disarray the market so that the single payer system would be the only way to go. The end goal is Government to have complete control over Health Care. Your premiums will be deducted from your payroll, social security, or other income the same way income tax is. That's why we can find a thousand things wrong with the Affordable Care Act -- it was designed NOT to work.
    It wouldn't be the first idea by The Heritage Foundation to result in complete disaster.

Insurance rates are skyrocketing.....it's a forced painful process to make the one payer system the only affordable option.....come January 2014 the massive rate increases won't be able to be hidden.....

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast