Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

I was in grandstand 3B and the end of the long straightaway [[right above the camera in your 2nd photo). It was incredible watching the cars sprint down Jefferson then dive into the hairpin turn and exit out toward Bates.

I have attended several Detroit GP's and this was by far my favorite. The big event energy downtown felt a lot like the Final Four, Super Bowl, or other large events downtown. The incredibly unique part of this was the accessibility. The only areas that required tickets were the grandstands and suites. Ticketed or not, everyone had a chance to see a good portion of the track and eat from the vendors in Hart Plaza and other areas. Whereas in the past you had to have a ticket just to get on the bus for a cramped ride out to Belle Isle then wait in long lines to get back to your car. I heard nothing bus positive feedback from those that attended regarding the setup and the actual race itself.

My family has attended the Indy 500 regularly and occasionally goes to the Detroit GP. I think our new routine will involve 2 straight race weekends. This was just too good not to do regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitSoldier View Post
    The incredibly unique part of this was the accessibility. The only areas that required tickets were the grandstands and suites. Ticketed or not, everyone had a chance to see a good portion of the track and eat from the vendors in Hart Plaza and other areas.
    Wow! I thought you had to pay to get anywhere near the track? Thanks for the insight DetroitSoldier! I'll definatly be there next year!!!