Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
You did have a say,do not be crying on my shoulder because you choose to remain silent

Did anybody call you up and asked you if it was okay to name it Gordie Howell ,or did they just say,this is the name we picked.

You are paying $6 billion plus yearly operating costs and yet nobody felt it was prudent to get public input on the naming or even necessary?

As a taxpayer It is your civil duty to question how every dime is spent,I just happen to have a bridge I will sell you,$2 billion cash,you save $4 billion plus interest.

You have the right to question anything government related and a duty,it’s not a case of shut up and sit down while we tell you how it will be.

If that is how it is,Checkpoint Charlie 2 would be a fitting name for it.

Your question of why were you not asked ,weighs more heavy then you think and is a valid one.

You have to love a world where somebody can just say - By the way,you owe me $6 billion do not worry about the details,we will let you know if and when we feel like it.

You would not even buy a new car under those circumstances,let alone sign off on a $6 billion dollar debt that you have zero control over but yet required to pay.

They spent more time and effort trying to cut off the ambassadors nuts when they should have held a naming competition and drummed up support that way and got people involved and excited in a positive way.

I think it would have been cool as hell to do a Lego themed bridge,it would have been world recognized and the tourist draw would have paid for it.

But not for nothing the bridges that you used as an example,are not international crossings,but I could be wrong.

I just have a hard time wrapping my head around the concept of spending $6 billion while telling people to shut up and sit down,it does not portray an international theme of friendship.

Soooo when do you wish to take delivery of my bridge?
His name is HOWE.