Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    how many minorities are running for the office now that Mr. Fouts cannot run again?
    I found this from February: Warren’s list of 2023 mayoral candidates grows.
    Nard is currently serving her second two-year term on the Macomb County Board of Commissioners. She is an executive member of Southeast Michigan Council of Governments as a delegate, is the vice chair on SEMCOG’s Traffic and Safety Task Force, and is a member of the Regional Review Committee. Nard is also a member of the Michigan Association of Counties Agriculture and Tourism Committee.

"Where there is no vision the people will perish,” said Nard. “My vision for Warren is safe neighborhoods, fix the crumbling roads, have homes in south Warren properly assessed for their real value and a walkable beautiful downtown that is a destination place.”

“[With] my experience as a Macomb County Commissioner and executive member of SEMCOG as a delegate, I know how to successfully tap resources that will move this city forward,” Nard said.

She said she will work effectively with the council and the county.
    There are three others mentioned, including Fouts. {This article was published before the Michigan Supreme Court decision.}

Last edited by Jimaz; May-29-23 at 08:09 PM.