Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I was able to dine out twice: Cuisine and Saltwater. The meal at Cuisine had high and medium [[as opposed to low) points. The short ribs were divine, as was the carrot puree that came with it [[and I am not a carrot fan...I guess enough butter and stock can fix anything!). Saltwater was impressive and a group of us had a great experience in a private dining room a a giant round table. Seafood was great; wine recommendations were great; server was great and accomodated separate checks. I even enjoyed an oyster, something I never thought I'd say.

It sounds like we'll see another DRW [[or two!), which is fabulous.

While I have to admit, a meal for $27 at these restaurants is a great deal, I am more than a little surprised at the number of forum members who can afford to pay that for 2+ nights a week. This would be a great 'splurge' for me, and a nice chance to experience some of these restaurants, but I would have to pick one.

I guess I'm feeling a little intimidated now.

Here would be my brief review of the three places where my wife and I ate:

Rattlesnake Club [[out of 4 stars)
    Quality of food 4
    Creativity of food 3
    Portion sizes 3.5
    Service 4
    Intangibles 3
    Value 3
    Comments: Good food, good value. Hope they get a little more adventurous next time with their Restaurant Week choices, but you can't beat angus steak or lobster.

Cuisine
    Quality of food 4
    Creativity of food 2.5
    Portion sizes 1
    Service 3.5
    Intangibles 3
    Value 2
    Comments: A major disappointment. While the food was good, it was nothing special at all. Went as a party of 9 and all of left wanting to get a snack on the way home [[seafood plate portions were miniscule, desserts were only big enough for 3-4 small bites). Would not go there again without the special discount, as I don't think the food would be worth the money.

Iridescence
    Quality of food 4
    Creativity of food 4
    Portion sizes 4+
    Service 4
    Intangibles 4
    Value 4

Comments: My wife and I are already planning to book our anniversary dinner there next May. They did all the little things right: everyone was given gave us a free amuse bouche [[sp) [[in this case, a chilled potato and leek soup), we were asked if we wanted more bread, servers roamed the room to fill up water glasses constantly, they gave us hot towels before the dessert course) and while we weren't stuffed, we were full enough to take home half of our second courses.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2