Purchasing by card is a momentary convenience compared to what one gives away. I use it too but as little as possible. Your data that you willingly surrender says more about you than you can imagine. Not just for businesses to make money off you by sending you targeted ads only. By your purchases, [[and your cell phone), you give up data on what you eat, when you sleep, do you drive fast, are you liberal or conservative, do you eat healthy, do you eat out often, Do you go to church and how often, do you hunt, do you have addictions, do you manage your money well, who do you hang out with, do you vote, etc. Your psychological profile is thick with data. You say, "I don't have anything to hide and I'm not breaking the law". What if you have a viewpoint that goes against the orthodoxy of popular culture? Can people in power limit what you say, where you go, who you can associate with, limit what you can buy? Can this data be given to groups to target your business, threaten your family or friends, get you fired from your job, send mobs to your house?

Sounds too far fetched? The technology is already far beyond what society is able to process. I have heard A.I. technology can copy your voice with a 3 second sample. Deep Fake technology can produce a video of you saying things you would never say.

The goal is the upcoming CBDC or Central Bank Digital Currency. Under the guise of convenience, people will willingly place themselves into a pen. It is called a 15 minute city. If you venture out too far, try to buy unhealthy food, waste resources they can turn off your money. If you don't support and praise Big Brother and reveal family or friends who don't go along...