Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

No evidence to back this up, but this project all feels very much like a "phase one" for Henry Ford.

They've talked in the past about making Lincoln/Holden/Trumbull a mixed use neighborhood of its own, but we don't see that included in these plans. I anticipate another round of development could come in 5-10 years that could build up that area.

I pray that they build Holden St across the Lodge to reconnect [[to some extent) this neighborhood. I do not see the impact of this development being nearly as powerful if the two sides do not connect. Hell... They should cap the thing with a park. In any other major city, this would be a strong consideration for this major of a development.

^That would be nice, rbdetsport, but I don't see that in these new plans. I actually just saw where this existed in the old plans, but it was hard to see with all the "clouds" being in the rendering [[who does that?). I think the artist renderer just put Holden across the Lodge just as a "filler" at the bottom of the rendering. Again, no where is it seen in the new renderings that Holden going across the Lodge is going to take place. That's millions of dollars that MDOT would have to come up with for that to happen. No where is it mentions that the money being spent on this development is going to take care of that.

Quote Originally Posted by royce View Post
    ^That would be nice, rbdetsport, but I don't see that in these new plans. I actually just saw where this existed in the old plans, but it was hard to see with all the "clouds" being in the rendering [[who does that?). I think the artist renderer just put Holden across the Lodge just as a "filler" at the bottom of the rendering. Again, no where is it seen in the new renderings that Holden going across the Lodge is going to take place. That's millions of dollars that MDOT would have to come up with for that to happen. No where is it mentions that the money being spent on this development is going to take care of that.
    I believe a local connector at Holden is planned as part of the I-94 Modernization project. I-94 Detroit Modernization Combined FSEIS and ROD - Appendix G - Illustrations of Proposed Modifications [[i94detroit.org)

Name:  Screenshot 2023-11-01 111904.png
Views: 104
Size:  236.0 KB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2