Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

I do genealogy. My son was trying to talk me into taking a DNA test. I said as curious as I was, I wouldn't because it might make me responsible for arresting a relative. He came back at me telling me that his girlfriend and he had already taken a DNA test so it was too late for me. He was right. It was too late so I took a DNA test to satisfy my curiosity.

Every once in a while I read that someone was arrested based on a DNA test one of their relatives, maybe a second cousin, took. Who would ever guess when they took an Ancestry.com test to find out who their ancestors are that it would lead to the arrest of one of their relatives?

I suspect that the applications of license reading technology will similarly be irresistible to law enforcement and judges who will overrule whatever promises were made when the technology was first touted. The Stasi could only have dreamed of such technology.

No-one on this thread, so far, has said that if you didn't do something wrong then you have nothing to fear. Every police state makes that claim. One problem is that we don't know what will be illegal in the future.

Facial recognition and other technologies are already probably here that could read cards in your wallet as you walk by. It will help get the bad guys but how would or does China use these technologies for starters?

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    but how would or does China use these technologies for starters?
    It is beyond scary there.

Smartphones have been turned into passports that you must have to buy food, or even leave your apartment.

They also have a social credit system. Say something the gov't doesn't like? They shut you down and you starve.

They don't like something going on in one area? They turn your area's heath status to red, and you're not allowed to leave your appt building, even for food.

The apps and the moron children using them for payments [think QR codes] have made it possible for them to practically eliminate cash. So now the gov't can starve to death anyone that doesn't agree with them, simply by making their QR code not work in their app.

This isn't some future dystopian movie, this is reality, like 4 years AGO. Paying with an app is the equivalent of running INTO the slaughter house. Don't do it.