Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
I don't like gravel parking lot - only worthy to walk on with military boots! Otherwise, I think the Aretha is known for its line up of R & B and Jazz [going back to the days of Al Jarreau]. Increasingly probably known for Hip-Hop too [not my fav genre - I'll pass on that]. I'm looking forward to the spring lineup.
That is true that the Areatha is know for having R&B and Jazz acts performing there. However, a few years back the new director of Chene Park had said that she was going to focus on having variety of acts including Rock, Pop, and Classical acts performing at Chene Park. She was focusing on making the park verssatile and not only having black venues perform there. That would had been a great idea. Something had changed beside the name. The parking lots could had been paved and not left traveled. At one point the plans were to move Chene Park to where the Ford Auditorium was so that it could connect to Hart Plaza but those plans fell through. The Areatha could be a great as Pine Knob if the shortsightedness way of running the theatre as far as the type of acts to perform there changes.