Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Name:  IMG_0218.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  79.7 KB

I have quite a few images of Belle Isle, but I'm not sure about the garden area you described.

The photo of me taken by Steve Neavling was at the intersection of Park and Sproat Streets. That's the Harbor Light Apartments and the Eddystone Hotel.

I believe the Park Avenue Hotel was down a block or two, closer towards downtown.

I've been back to that area since my Eddystone photo was taken, after they built the new ice arena. From memory, I think they refurbished the Eddystone and demolished the Harbor Light.

Speaking of Midtown and Cass Corridor landmarks, I'm trying to remember the name of a tiny and rundown bar near that area. I think it was on Clifford Street [[or Henry Street) between Woodward and Cass. The place was small. Does anyone know the name of it, or have photos? It would've been demo'd to make way for Caesar's Arena. It isn't Harry's or Stadium Liquor, but it's definitely not there anymore.
    Last edited by night-timer; March-28-24 at 04:14 AM.