Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Keep an eye out from Jeff Bezos from Amazon. He wants dibs on the Commanders.

In the meantime, I'm waiting for the Ford Family to sell the Lions.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Keep an eye out from Jeff Bezos from Amazon. He wants dibs on the Commanders.

In the meantime, I'm waiting for the Ford Family to sell the Lions.
    I heard rumor after WCF died that there were conversations between Ford Family and Dan Gilbert[[all sealed) about transition when the widow kicks the bucket. That was before Gilbert had stroke; would like to see anyone[[ Gilbert, Ishbia, out of town billionaire) buy the Lions. I hope I'm not on my deathbed when it finally happens[[ I'm 58)....

Quote Originally Posted by mjb3 View Post
    I heard rumor after WCF died that there were conversations between Ford Family and Dan Gilbert[[all sealed) about transition when the widow kicks the bucket. That was before Gilbert had stroke; would like to see anyone[[ Gilbert, Ishbia, out of town billionaire) buy the Lions. I hope I'm not on my deathbed when it finally happens[[ I'm 58)....
    Heard the same rumor a while ago about Ishbia and the Fords.
    The billionaire club is small enough that I would venture to guess that if one wants to ‘talk’ to another that the appropriate meetings can and do happen at some level if there are no preexisting hard feelings.

Not out to defend the Ford ownership of the Lions but I find it illogical and laughable that any individual would sell a profitable fast appreciating asset of extremely high value based on what other people think or want. Maybe I’m wrong and that’s how some people invest or do business by taking Joe Schmo’s opinion and advice but I am willing to guess that the Fords are not one of those.
    Last edited by ABetterDetroit; December-30-22 at 05:48 PM.