Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

I’m bummed about Lafayette. I’ve always known the place was gross but I’m still here. This time however is echoing. It’s gonna take a total makeover or major cleanup well documented to make me comfortable going back. I’ve been going since I was a baby. Maybe that explains me ��

Meh 99% of my favorite Chinese all you can eat buffets fail inspections,I still go back.

They could clean and de-rat that place and unless they cleared a 15 block circle the rats will be back.

Thieves break into American Coney Island in Detroit [[detroitnews.com)

Here's a little-known fact. At his sentencing, Socrates had the choice of hemlock or coney islands. He chose hemlock, which is why he's considered to be the wisest Athenian to this very day.

Not-Too-Bright Thieves break into American Coney Island, steal empty cash register

There, I fixed the headline. The News owes me a buck.

Someone also smashed into La Lanterna down the street. The Free Press reported there were "a couple of other break-ins that occurred in the area sometime overnight." They are wasting their time . . . everywhere is leaning cashless payment . . . and there are cameras everywhere downtown.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintMe View Post
    . . . and there are cameras everywhere downtown.
    It's a wonder that anyone thinks they can get away it.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Whalley View Post
    It's a wonder that anyone thinks they can get away it.
    No it’s not. Everyone wears a black hoodie and a mask now. And even if caught NOTHING will happen. They know this.

Story begins at 3:32:

Local 4 News at 7 -- Oct. 15, 2022

Lafayette to reopen today. Repairs are shown.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Lafayette to reopen today. Repairs are shown.
    I wouldn't eat a Coney Island even if I prepared it myself at home. One of the most common questions that Greeks asked the Oracle of Delphi was about how hot dogs are made. And as usual, the Oracle's answers were cryptic or evasive.

My late father used to work at Hygrade's about 40 years ago for a few years. He ingrained it into the rest of the family to NEVER eat one of their hot dogs again... and we [[his offspring's) never have!

I have never touched any hot dog in 40 years since then... and get my cravings for one end up with our local German butcher's Knackwurst... which is a healthier variation.

I bet you peeps that hate hot dogs drink plenty of soda,or pop up in that neck of the woods,not sure which one is worse.

My Hot Dog has a first name,Oscar

Next y’all be dissing Apple Pie,commies.

I think I will make that 1 hour trip Sunday and grab me a couple of Detroit Coney Island dogs.
    Last edited by Richard; October-15-22 at 10:00 PM.

I switched to veggie dogs several years ago. It took trying a few brands until I found one that was "okay". The rest had a bad taste and texture to them. Veggie dogs aren't great but they are better nutritionally not only due to being plant based vs. who knows what but a lot less saturated fat and sodium. It's mostly about the bun and the condiments anyway. I ordered a veggie dog at the Tiger game in Sept. It was pretty bad and the guy said I was the 1st guy he could remember ordering one all season.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I bet you peeps that hate hot dogs drink plenty of soda,or pop up in that neck of the woods,not sure which one is worse.

My Hot Dog has a first name,Oscar

Next y’all be dissing Apple Pie,commies.

I think I will make that 1 hour trip Sunday and grab me a couple of Detroit Coney Island dogs.
    Well Richard, if you come all this way to see Oscar... you might want to visit the Henry Ford Museum here as well...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    I ordered a veggie dog at the Tiger game in Sept.
    Did you need a second mortgage to afford it?

The manager of that place obviously knew the place had a rodent problem, he speaks of having worked there for decades. Not trying to sound like a meanie, but why is he still the manager?

Probably the owners brother or son
    Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    The manager of that place obviously knew the place had a rodent problem, he speaks of having worked there for decades. Not trying to sound like a meanie, but why is he still the manager?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4