Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Can't we just play without a QB? Put the ball in the middle of the field and let one of the receivers pick it up and run???

Same ole' stinking cats!

COWBOYS 24
    LIONS 6

1-5

Six down eleven to go.

Got lassoed by 3rd and 4th Quarter. Goff goofed for the third time. Too many interceptions. Too many fumble-rookies. Campbell, give it up and quit. Ford family, please sell the team to Dan Gilbert.

Looks like Detroit doesn't have an NFL team.

The Bobby Layne Curse continues, oh sigh!

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Too many interceptions.
    IMHO the referees were made some bad calls, bad spots, etc. Calling penalties on Lions but not Dallas. It was a close game until the officials got involved.

Same song; Losing. . .just a different singer; Campbell.

Lions "new" HC 1st 23 Games
    Campbell: 4-18-1, currently 1-5 worst in the NFL, ranked last 32nd.
    Schwartz: 4-19
    Mornhigweg: 4-19

Stop the laughing 60+yr embarassment & excuses, writing is on the wall, cut your loss now & source the new singer, DC, OC, QB, RB, etc. . .
    Last edited by Smirnoff; October-24-22 at 03:40 PM.

They should have given Tony Romo some pom-poms.

I suppose we should mention our current on the road losing streak, but we already own that NFL record not once, but twice. Shoot for three? Swoosh.

As an NFL fan, I'm beginning to enjoy the Lions bye week more and more each season.

C.J. Stroud might like the Lions O line…

https://www.tankathon.com/nfl

Same ole' stinking cats!
    IMHO the coaching staff and QB are good. This game was lost by the referees who tipped the balance in Dallas' favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Whalley View Post
    IMHO the coaching staff and QB are good. This game was lost by the referees who tipped the balance in Dallas' favor.

Which means the Bobby Layne Curse is working.

Which means the Bobby Layne Curse is working.
    So, you agree that the coaching staff and QB are good?

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Whalley View Post
    So, you agree that the coaching staff and QB are good?

NO, they're still suck!

It's official. Lions at the bottom of the power rankings with worst record in NFL. This is bordering on amusing. That goal line fumble in the last game was a portrait of their futility.
    Name:  lion-last.png
Views: 397
Size:  115.3 KB

Guess who's coming back to the Lions?

CJ Moore.

With the NFL trade deadline quickly approaching in 6-days, at 1-5 being dead last in the league-including power ranking, every Lion should be available! Why, insanity & different results are hopefully expected. . .move Goff, Swift, Brockers, Anzalone & Hockinson to immediately start.

In some other forums there are many posts saying that the Ford family should sell the team. What if they did that and the new owner moved the team to another city? Would that be preferable to the current situation? For myself I'd say no. I think it's better to have the Lions in Detroit than not, in spite of the pain of all the losing. Perhaps one day they'll actually be a competitive team. It's possible. Isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by garyalex View Post
    In some other forums there are many posts saying that the Ford family should sell the team. What if they did that and the new owner moved the team to another city? Would that be preferable to the current situation? For myself I'd say no. I think it's better to have the Lions in Detroit than not, in spite of the pain of all the losing. Perhaps one day they'll actually be a competitive team. It's possible. Isn't it?
    The NFL would not leave a market the size of Detroit [[which is basically all of Michigan since there's only one team in the state. That said, ownership has been the common denominator for decades but changing it doesn't mean things get better. The Fords have not mettled in on field activities and spend the same amount as every other team. There's not millions invested in player development like baseball. Clearly they haven't hired the right gm but in the NFL that's not easy. The only way to be somewhat certain is to hire away a successful gm from another franchise and that doesn't happen in football as much as other sports. It may be just bad dumb luck that the Lions have started over as many times as they have and still can't get it right, especially in a sport where you can have a successful rebuild in about 3 years.

Shiela Ford Hemp may look at the Campbell Question.

https://sidelionreport.com/2022/10/2...atus-question/

My question is on whether Sheila Ford Hemp is ready to sell the team.
    Last edited by Danny; October-27-22 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    The NFL would not leave a market the size of Detroit
    I'm not sure this should be said with such confidence. The Lions are one of the lowest valued franchises in the NFL. A new owner might see other markets whose population has higher average net worth and determine that will add more value than staying here. Not to mention, Ford Field is over 20 years old, and has always been considered middle-of-the-pack at best.

Envision this scenario. If Detroit didn't already have our four pro sports teams in place, who thinks that they'd be top on the list of any league to get an expansion franchise?

I'd be very leary about what people wish for in terms of the Fords selling the team. If it were Gilbert buying [[and who knows if he's even interested), then hopefully they'd stick, but if it were someone from Texas or California or anywhere else, that could be bad news. And, you know, you just know, that if they did move, everything would finally come together just perfectly in Year 1 at the new location.

The metro Detroit tv audience is the 11th largest in the nation, and that doesn't include Canadian viewers. There's a huge Ford sign in every stadium in the NFL. 'Bubbles" isn't going anywhere.

"Envision this scenario. If Detroit didn't already have our four pro sports teams in place, who thinks that they'd be top on the list of any league to get an expansion franchise?"

I've thought about that. If the Lions were to leave Detroit the chances of getting another NFL franchise would be zero. And I wouldn't completely rule out the possibility of their moving to another city. I don't want that to happen. That's why when I see posts asking fans to stop buying tickets and boycott the games I wonder if those expressing that opinion understand what they're saying. The NFL is a business. I'd think if revenue dropped below a certain level that franchise would be endangered.

I have to admit in moments of frustration I've made a few thoughtless posts questioning why fans still go to the games.

Looks like Goff is having a better year than Stafford.

Same ole' putty tats!

DOLPHINS 31
    LIONS 27

1-6

Seven down ten to go.

Lions really blew that that last minute 4th down conversion. Goff goofed for the 5th time with too many incomplete passes. Coach Campbell is shaking his head right now.

As the Bobby Layne Curse continues, sell the team Ford Family.

Dolphins said to the Lions. 'So long... And thanks for all the fish!'

Here are words from this song. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zfuU6uLwF8
    Last edited by Danny; October-30-22 at 04:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ABetterDetroit View Post
    C.J. Stroud might like the Lions O line…

https://www.tankathon.com/nfl

The Lions might as well get CJ Stroud in the draft. Better yet get Corum, too.

Sad franchise. New owners are a must.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Sad franchise. New owners are a must.
    I value the time not wasted watching football on Sundays. I doubt that a new owner is the solution, though.

Better yet get Corum, too.
    IMHO it's not wise to spend high draft picks on running backs because their longevity is low. It seems they always sustain torn knees or heels and then retire early.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast